Retailer Chat Recap - January 13, 2011

"Todays show is hosted by Amir and Brian, they start by telling us how important it is to connect the receivers to the internet, 2011 is going to be all about connectivity and as the year goes on that message is going to get louder and be more important."

Why is it going to be important? Also, where are the "free" wireless adapters if you don't have a broadband connection nearby?

I have a 722k and a 211k on my account. If I activate the EHD on the 722 for free in February, will I be able to use it with the 211 also?

I could see his point.

A years worth of Progamming vs 6 movies?? Thats $120-$156 vs maybe $50??

Yea thats a slap in the face to high end subscribers.

Especially if they are only good for SD PPV. I don't know the last time we used PPV let alone an SD PPV.

Thank you for understanding my point. I love movies, which is why I have all the movie packages and thus won't get anything free except for some SD PPV coupons (oh joy)...

I have a 722k and a 211k on my account. If I activate the EHD on the 722 for free in February, will I be able to use it with the 211 also?
No! The DVR Conversion deal for the 211/k is a separate one-time $40 charge which is not going away Feb 1.

what are they doing for customers like me with the everything package? the AT 250 customers aren't the only ones getting screwed.
c

You get all the channels you pay for? How are you getting screwed? I have everything as well and I get what they say I pay for. Don't get me wrong, I would always like more but Dish is giving me what they said they would....why does everyone complain that they should get something more than they offer?

Reason #1 for paying attention on Satteliteguys.us: it saves you money. But you are welcome to continue paying more than other people, if you insist.

long_time_DNC said:
Thank you for understanding my point. I love movies, which is why I have all the movie packages and thus won't get anything free except for some SD PPV coupons (oh joy)...

Downgrade to 250 with HBO, Showtime and Cinemax to take advantage of the Free Starz offer. With the everything pack discount you don't save as much as everyone else, but you'll still save a little bit (unless I'm wrong and the Everything discount as opposed to the three premiums discount already offsets the full price of Starz).

This situation is different from if the offer had been free Encore because subs paying for 250 or the Everything Pack would have to drop other programming to get Encore for free. In this instance everyone should be able to either get free additional channels or a discount on what they are currently paying for.

c

You get all the channels you pay for? How are you getting screwed? I have everything as well and I get what they say I pay for. Don't get me wrong, I would always like more but Dish is giving me what they said they would....why does everyone complain that they should get something more than they offer?
Please explain why you think people with the aep need to pay for something everyone else gets for free

If you have AEP just drop platinum then you will get Platinum free for a year... Yes AEP customers can get something free if they want...

If you have AEP just drop platinum then you will get Platinum free for a year... Yes AEP customers can get something free if they want...
Will they do that ? and when would a customer have to drop it by?
I still can not see the logic in making a top package customer drop something just to add it back just give us 10.00 credit
and treat us fair I would even be happy for a 5.00 so my bill would not go up go up.

Presently as far as I know the external hard drive takes the place your internal hard drive for recording with DIRECTV. There is no archiving capability yet. I hear the newest hd receiver is supposed to operate like DISH's do with the external hard drive for storage.

Will they do that ? and when would a customer have to drop it by?
I still can not see the logic in making a top package customer drop something just to add it back just give us 10.00 credit
and treat us fair I would even be happy for a 5.00 so my bill would not go up go up.

Well if you can live without platinum for a few days, I would drop it a few days before the first and see what happens. If platinum for free does not appear on the first, call in and ask why you do not have it. If you have had platinum for a while there should be no charge to drop it.

I could see his point.

A years worth of Progamming vs 6 movies?? Thats $120-$156 vs maybe $50??

Yea thats a slap in the face to high end subscribers.

I have the AT250 with HD Platinum. I just started on the Starz and HD Platinum free for 3 month promotions. If I end up with 6 PPV coupons, I have a much better offer from DirectTV that I will likely accept.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts