Retailer Chat Recap: January 14, 2010

dont laugh when I ask this... but unlike cell phone companies, dish network can change prices all they want without people using it as a chance to get out of ETF correct?

Yes that is correct. The contract basically says they can do whatever they want. They might bump up against some consumer protection laws in some states, but they figure you won't know that. E* doesn't abuse it. They only change rates once per year. The abuse is treating us like idiots who couldn't possibly 't understand the silly games they play. Their blatant lying sometimes makes me not recommend them to others. I usually don't actively not recommend, I just don't recommend.

Looks like SIRIUS on Dish is not going away they are trying to get commercial establishments to sign up for Sirius for us in their commercial establishments. :)

ooh just checked my account... they made my 722k my secondary and the 211 as the main.... guess I need to change that

I have not made any changes to my account since they changed the premium bundle pricing. But I too have a 381 as my primary right now and my 622 is the second receiver. I want to change this before this wonderful price increase but I still hold out hope that they will keep my premium bundle pricing if I don't make any changes. Not sure if that is realistic or not...

Looks like a +/- 20% increase for me :mad: This is absolutely ridiculous.

I have not made any changes to my account since they changed the premium bundle pricing. But I too have a 381 as my primary right now and my 622 is the second receiver. I want to change this before this wonderful price increase but I still hold out hope that they will keep my premium bundle pricing if I don't make any changes. Not sure if that is realistic or not...

I wonder how many people they did this to, and if this really effects the new pricing structure.

I just had on line chat fix it for me... they pretty much acted like they knew the system had re-arranged the order.

And commercial talk is done, the commercial guy throws it back to Jim and Amir who appear to be sleeping... after a few moments of silent they realize they are on. Amir says sorry for not paying attention. :)

I think the second 222 costs $14, not $12.

Yes I know.

The break down I have now is $34.99 for turbo HD bronze w/locals +$7 for the second receiver. It also states I saved $5 for having the phone line connected.

Now it will be $34.99 + $14.00.

I was including the $5 phoneline fee for a total increase of $12.

According to Scott, the $5 is built into the $7 increase.

After getting shafted last year on the programing (turbo HD Bronze was supposed to be just the HD channels of the std bronze package......?MTV,VH1,Nick and others still missing) still went up $5 .

Now this!

Shame on you DISH!

With this new pricing, it would have made sense for us to get 1 Duo HD Receiver and 2 Solo HD Receivers rather than 2 Duo HD Receivers as long as the Duo HD Receiver would be the primary receiver. Oh, well. I suppose it is too late now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts