Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
My one year promotion ended and most discounts were gone, I called directv retention and they couldn’t do anything, so I setup a cancellation date for Monday and then they said they had another department, the VIP department and they offer me $57 off 12 months with a new 12 month agreement, which brought back the pricing to what I was paying before.
It’s pretty cool...
I thought I’d share.

Not sure. My wife called them because they charged us for a bunch of crap we didn't ask for.

Can they hold you to a contract when there’s been no paperwork or nothing signed of any kind and has never agreed over the phone of any sort, cause this months bill has increased?? Just asking

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Can they hold you to a contract when there’s been no paperwork or nothing signed of any kind and has never agreed over the phone of any sort, cause this months bill has increased?? Just asking

Why did the bill increase, credits run out ?
If so, yes.
When you signed up, actually started service you agreed to the contract ... no you don't have to sign for anything in this day and age.

Reactions: whitewolf8214

when you signed to accept the initial install you started a 2 year contract

if you got credits and agreed over the phone, you started a contract

look at any email confirmation you received, it should be in there

Just called today. Received a $60/month discount on Choice Extra for 12 months, 1/2 price on the Movies Extra Pack for 3 months, and they threw in the Sports Pack for a free 6 months. I'm happy.
But Sat will be gone next month... so its not all that great of a deal ... :D

jk of course ...
Sounds like a great deal.
I would be calling trying for something like that if I needed it.

Reactions: bobvick and mccoyrj
My one year promotion ended and most discounts were gone, I called directv retention and they couldn’t do anything, so I setup a cancellation date for Monday and then they said they had another department, the VIP department and they offer me $57 off 12 months with a new 12 month agreement, which brought back the pricing to what I was paying before.
It’s pretty cool...
I thought I’d share.
They did same thing for my parents and threw in few extra perks

My 2 year new customer deal ends in end of February, have Ultimate all included i think its called-$59 off that, $25 ATT loyalty discount, free HBO for having ATT unlimited plan, for a year or so of it was paying $68.xx and her recently i got an email saying i was getting a $50 discount also for 12 months, and now I’m only paying $15.98 a month!! So, i guess after my contract ends, i call them up right? And hopefully can get a deal, ive been very happy with it, and had no issues, except for there outsourced CS, but thats EVERYBODY these days.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

My 2 year new customer deal ends in end of February, have Ultimate all included i think its called-$59 off that, $25 ATT loyalty discount, free HBO for having ATT unlimited plan, for a year or so of it was paying $68.xx and her recently i got an email saying i was getting a $50 discount also for 12 months, and now I’m only paying $15.98 a month!! So, i guess after my contract ends, i call them up right? And hopefully can get a deal, ive been very happy with it, and had no issues, except for there outsourced CS, but thats EVERYBODY these days.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!
You can always try, but like I tell people, if you have great deals like you currently have, don't expect it again.

All my discounts came off once again the bill went from the mid 80s up to 147. Called this morning and after some very long waiting the got me the 60 off for 12 so I'm back in the 80s again. I can live with that

Reactions: Jimbo and Mo Fly
I just called in since my $60 off for 12 months ended this month. I also had a $30 a month that had a few months to go before it stopped. I had to go into pending cancel status and they sent me to the VIP department since I had more than one credit. I was able to get the $60 back but I lost the two months of the $30 so now I'm paying $86 a month instead of $56. Better than full price of $140ish but comes with a one year contract. Every time i call in the deals get smaller but I can live with it at least for the next year.

My 2 year contract ends in February ill just have to call them and see what happens. Been paying $15.98 so long it’s going to be hard paying $70+, lol

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)