Returning Receivers after cancelling???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rapidturtle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
North Eastern PA
So I cancelled Directv last week, and received my return receiver boxes. I have an HR 44 genie, and two h25 receivers. They say they only want the two H25 receivers. I even called, and that is all they said to send. Now I know damn well they are going to try and charge me for the DVR not being returned. Is this normal them not wanting the HR 44?

Suggest you return what was asked for and Keep Everything (TAKE) pictures of the boxes and all doc's --Keep the HR-44 and Hold onto it -so in case they change their minds a year from NOW --You can (TAKE) pictures of it and all DOc's and return it.

All the H25’s are being repurposed for commercial. There is actually a shortage with all the SD/HD Upgrades.

I think any standard definition receivers, Hr34 and lower DVRs and H24’s and below they don’t want back.

Could also be with all the cancellations lately they are getting enough Genie2 and HR54’s back to keep up with inventory for new installs.

Makes no sense to ask for certain equipment back if they want to install the latest and greatest for new customer installs.

I’m surprised they don’t do what dish does and installs all the garbage for customers with less than perfect credit.

Before I stopped doing dish, 9 years ago we would install 2800’s for certain customers. At $30 each we didn’t bother going back to get equipment when they didn’t pay their bill

If the HR44 was manufactured over five years ago that's probably why they don't want it back. Though Directv has always (since long before AT&T bought them) had issues with telling people they didn't want something back then wanting it back, or asking for something ancient back they clearly would never refurbish.

I always thought they should ask for everything back, and just put a different label on the stuff they don't want to refurbish - have it go directly to their recycling center. They offer free recycling anyway, they could streamline the process a lot by having every customer return all their equipment.

I dropped one of my HR24’s from my account. The rep said they did not want it back but would send me an envelope to mail the access card back. Never received the envelope and the receiver is in storage. Who knows I may have it put back on my account.

If the HR44 was manufactured over five years ago that's probably why they don't want it back. Though Directv has always (since long before AT&T bought them) had issues with telling people they didn't want something back then wanting it back, or asking for something ancient back they clearly would never refurbish.

I always thought they should ask for everything back, and just put a different label on the stuff they don't want to refurbish - have it go directly to their recycling center. They offer free recycling anyway, they could streamline the process a lot by having every customer return all their equipment.

It’s not worth paying $15 to ship it to a recycling center.

I wouldn’t pay to ship something to recycle either.

It’s not worth paying $15 to ship it to a recycling center.

I wouldn’t pay to ship something to recycle either.

You don't have to pay, you can go to Directv's recycling site and it will print off a FREE shipping label. All you have to do is put it in a box and drop it off at a Fedex shipper or have them come pick it up.

You don't have to pay, you can go to Directv's recycling site and it will print off a FREE shipping label. All you have to do is put it in a box and drop it off at a Fedex shipper or have them come pick it up.

Last time I looked they expected me to pay to ship it.

Not paying to ship when trash at my house is included with my taxes

Take them to a FedEx or UPS office, they will scan the receivers, give you a receipt showing proof that you dropped them off, and they will package and send them back for you. Easiest way to do return them.
That's what they had me do with a HR44 with a bad hard drive a couple of weeks ago, the UPS store scanned the unit and did not use the original box, they did their own boxing, gave me a receipt and told me not to lose it because it was important if the shipping was question by AT&T.
They sent me a HR54 to replace the HR44 cost me $19.95 shipping and handling and no new commitment.

Reactions: Jimbo
That's what they had me do with a HR44 with a bad hard drive a couple of weeks ago, the UPS store scanned the unit and did not use the original box, they did their own boxing, gave me a receipt and told me not to lose it because it was important if the shipping was question by AT&T.
They sent me a HR54 to replace the HR44 cost me $19.95 shipping and handling and no new commitment.
Fwiw,
Defective replacements should never be tied to a new commitment.

Best Buy stores also accept all sorts of electronics for free recycling. That's where I dropped off my parents' defective VIP-722k DISH DVR. (Hard drive went out on it.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts