Returning Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

StarScan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
North Liberty, Indiana
I recently canceled directv and switched to dish. I had 4 receivers, (2) H21, HR21, and H25. The H25 and HR21 I bought on ebay and the two H21s i got from directv as leased receivers. They are trying to tell me the receivers I bought are theirs and the ones they gave me are mine. What the hell!? I even told em i have receipts and they said that doesnt matter. This is theft in my eyes!!

It depends on how you bought them. The only receiver that needs to be returned is the h25. If you bought it on ebay, but the seller was an authorized retailer, then the receiver is still leased, regardless of if you bought it or not.

That doesn't matter. If it was a leased unit, then you have to return it to Directv when you cancel.

Reactions: harmlesslyfatal
If the guy was not a retailer, the receivers were probably leased but in that case they should probably not have activated them.
Call DirecTv and ask for the access card department, andget them to confirm which receivers are leased and which are owned.
Note if you cancel, the leased receivers aren't actually yours, in the sense that only you can reactivate them.

If your leaving D*, why would you worry about whats owned or leased ?

Unless your wanting to sell the Owned ones, remember, just because you BOUGHT it on ebay, doesn't mean it was not a lease.
Check with D* ...
Like Tex said, they should not have activated them if they were truely leased from another account.

IF the HR21 was "new" as it was never activated on another account, even though it was leased, it can be still be activate on another account. IOW, as long as a LEASED receiver has never been activated on ANY account, it can "sold" and be activate for the first time on any account, regardless of who the seller is.

So If I get a LEASED receiver from SS but then I decided to give it to my bro, I can do that, as long as I never call to activate that receiver on my account

that doesn't make any sense because it won't generate a recovery kit at all; the only receiver of that grouping that needs to be returned is the h25. the others aren't being refurbished.

The H25 is the only recoverable receiver in that list. However this is how it works. Only DIRECTV can sell a non activated owned receiver to a residential account. Legit dealers will indicate which units are for residential and customer accounts. Ebay vendors almost never do because most are not legit dealers. Purchasing through a non authorized vendor will still be considered a leased receiver.

I tried to post examples of links to solid signal but I can't.

If you search H24 on their site you will see one for commercial and one for residential.

They still demanded i give it back

Who? The CSR or did you get a recovery kit?

If just the CSR, then I would not worry. Just keep it around for a few months just in case. I deactivated a R15 DVR 4 years ago and they did not ask for it nor the access card back. This past January I called to deactivate 2 D12s. The CSR sounded like her first day on the job. Told me they would send a recovery kit out. I saw she only deactivated 1 so I called back and got a CSR that sounded like she knew her stuff. Deactivated the 2nd one, told me they DID NOT want it back. Never asked for the access cards either. Said I could keep for later use, throw them away, recycle them, whatever I wanted to do.

It's been over 6 months now and I have not received anything about them or the cards. They are just sitting in a corner of my garage just in case. As other have said, All I've seen is that they want the H(R)24s and higher back.

[QUOTE="goober22, post: 3710503, member: 11266" All I've seen is that they want the H(R)24s and higher back.[/QUOTE]and not all of them.

I had an HR-24 deactivated and they said I could either keep it or recycle it, but it wasn't required to be returned. They have a pre-paid label you can print off their website to do the recycling return.

Some models of the HR24s aren't recoverable, the -200 I think.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)