Returning Subscriber?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
G

Original poster
Hi everyone. Well, I used to subscribe to DirecTV but I cancelled about 9 months ago when I sold my house. The person buying my house wanted to keep all the equipment, so I let him. I'm just now finding myself in a position to order satellite service again and I figured I would go with Dish because of the new customer deals. I was just curious as to how DirecTV defined existing customer. If, after so many months, someone came back to DirecTV, would they be considered a new customer?

I use dish now because I do not have access to good OTA broadcast of WB or UPn. Directv called recently and offerd to reconnect with all new eqmt since it had been over 1 year since I had service with them and they now had my locals. But it turned out that I was in Pegasus area and they would not cut me any king of deal. Once you tell them you are a former customer they will try and update address and phone info as well.

Nate said:
Hi everyone. Well, I used to subscribe to DirecTV but I cancelled about 9 months ago when I sold my house. The person buying my house wanted to keep all the equipment, so I let him. I'm just now finding myself in a position to order satellite service again and I figured I would go with Dish because of the new customer deals. I was just curious as to how DirecTV defined existing customer. If, after so many months, someone came back to DirecTV, would they be considered a new customer?

DirecTV is a stickler about not giving new hardware deals to past customers. To get new hardware deals. sign up your wife with her SS# and keep your name off the account - that'll suffice. Just don't let them know you have anything to do with it.

Actually, if you call DirecTV & talk to Customer Retention/Reclaim, they pretty much will give you the deals that new customers are getting. You just have to know who to talk to. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts