Returning Subscriber?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
G

Original poster
Hi everyone. Well, I used to subscribe to DirecTV but I cancelled about 9 months ago when I sold my house. The person buying my house wanted to keep all the equipment, so I let him. I'm just now finding myself in a position to order satellite service again and I figured I would go with Dish because of the new customer deals. I was just curious as to how DirecTV defined existing customer. If, after so many months, someone came back to DirecTV, would they be considered a new customer?

I use dish now because I do not have access to good OTA broadcast of WB or UPn. Directv called recently and offerd to reconnect with all new eqmt since it had been over 1 year since I had service with them and they now had my locals. But it turned out that I was in Pegasus area and they would not cut me any king of deal. Once you tell them you are a former customer they will try and update address and phone info as well.

Nate said:
Hi everyone. Well, I used to subscribe to DirecTV but I cancelled about 9 months ago when I sold my house. The person buying my house wanted to keep all the equipment, so I let him. I'm just now finding myself in a position to order satellite service again and I figured I would go with Dish because of the new customer deals. I was just curious as to how DirecTV defined existing customer. If, after so many months, someone came back to DirecTV, would they be considered a new customer?

DirecTV is a stickler about not giving new hardware deals to past customers. To get new hardware deals. sign up your wife with her SS# and keep your name off the account - that'll suffice. Just don't let them know you have anything to do with it.

Actually, if you call DirecTV & talk to Customer Retention/Reclaim, they pretty much will give you the deals that new customers are getting. You just have to know who to talk to. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts