Review: Azbox Elite HD FTA Receiver

I am using a 4x1 disecq switch with 2 being Cband and 3 being Ku, but I changed it to a encoda 22khz switch with the same results, so I went direct without a switch and still the same, all signal but no quality and Ku works flawlessly

?????

I had a hard time getting STO on Gal 23 ( my first C-band channel). I had to hook up direct and then turn my lnb power ON and OFF after a power cycle to get the Quality to register. Funny thing. This is still in beta, and sometimes does strange things.
:)

Right now, we request them from Rick's and he posts links to them, generally on RapidShare. The Azbox itself will pick them up from the internet from "somewhere", but frequently not the latest build. The release site for the factory files is still a work in progress. Hopefully, in later days, it'll be functional. Of course, hopefully, in later days, there will be only infrequent updates.
Oh, OK. I thought there was another Azbox site that I hadn't found. I had read posts about the Azbox doing it itself. Don't have my Azbox yet, but wanted to have everything figured out ahead of time. Looks like I may need to change the routing in my LAN here. The subnet I have my sat stuff on doesn't easily get out to the internet. I may just put this thing on my main subnet.

Thanks.

I just saw that, I believe some users are getting frustrated with the Vantage. It is not being supported to their liking. In fact, support for North American features may be over, I infer from a few posts.
Still, It's a great blindscan box, maybe it'll be on my Christmas list.

Had I known the azbox was coming, there is NO way I would have bought a Vantage. I am not an old guy, but I have used over 10 different receivers, and the Vantage is the worst of the lot. The azbox is a Caddy to the Vantage's Yugo. The ONLY advantage the Vantage has is the blindscanning. And right now, there aren't really a LOT of S2 feeds, and then you STILL have to guess the FEC and Pilot, because the Vantage doesn't give you that.

( and yes, I am one of the ones who got his post deleted because he disagreed with the shining, blue skies and green-lights Vantage discussion.)

Stogie,
I didn't know the Vantage was THAT bad ! The worst part is the email Rick published kinda implies that there may not be much more in the way of solving it's problems. They're concentrating on the European market. Without the promise of a lot of sales, they may well not fix what's broke.
:(

OK, so finally had success today and got a lock onto QVCHD on AMC11, now what I did...

I decided to try a prior firmware (v. 2163) with still no lock, but then I swapped to cable on my C2 LNBF from my DSR-922 receiver (direct run) with still no success even after a few reboots. Next what I did was changed the polarity from V to H and bamm, I got a lock. I do not know why because it works in standard mode on my DSR-922 (not 90 degrees reversed) Now my other problem, the other output from the C2 LNBF is very weak, 10+ % lower in quality when I put the other cable back on, even bypassing my disecQ or 22khz switch. Looks like the LNBF is defective also.

So, the million dollar question, is my LNBF off by 90 degrees so that when I put in the extra one I have, should I reverse it?

I suspect that your C2 lnbf is defective. I think I've read that the DSR-922 receiver has a setup option to reverse the polarity of the signal. Can't remember if it was even on this forum.
When you install your backup lnbf, I suggest you align it (polarity wise) with the Coolsat, and try to get the DSR-922 to get along with it.

JUst received my AZBOX , very anxious to play with it but must be at work in a couple of hours , ok just noticed that it comes with a European Power cord , remote control , batteries , no manual (LOL typical ).

Suggestion for power cord adapter ? , don't want to go to Rat Shack

JUst received my AZBOX , very anxious to play with it but must be at work in a couple of hours , ok just noticed that it comes with a European Power cord , remote control , batteries , no manual (LOL typical ).

Will this one work?

NEW 2-PIN FIGURE-8 PRINTER POWER CORD OR LAPTOP/AUDIO - eBay (item 220379233121 end time Jul-14-09 13:41:44 PDT)

When I got my Quali-Tv I borrowed the cord from my laptop, then ordered the one above, got it in about 5 days.

Mine came with an adapter that you plugged it into and convered it to a American Sized plug.

No Manual here either.

Has anyone found any iptv stations you can get on this thing yet? :)

I didn't update successfully yet , something about file error but I did scan some channels on Hispasat and Got the Uruguayan S-2 mux .

Have 2 run 2 work soon , but I did find a power cord thanks to phlatwoods suggestion forgot my other DGstation receiver had the same type of number 8 shaped plug in type cord.

Doubt original firmware is in it though , looks like some channels were scanned in Europe before being shipped to U.S.

I also just received an ebay Azbox. Also no manual. Also the unusual power plug.

However I had a power plug that fit it, so I used that.

Connected it via HDMI, and turned it on. On the Azbox, it said loading, then eventually "settings" or something like that. However nothing on the TV screen, except a message from my TV saying something like "unsupported mode".
I've read something like 150-200 posts on the Azbox over the past couple days, and I remember reading something about if it comes up in PAL mode or something, that you get a blank screen, and I remember reading about a procedure to get out of that situation, however I wasn't positive that this was the problem, so I didn't want to do anything serious until I verified that this was probably the problem.

The Azbox has some weird looking antenna plug. I may hook that up to an old TV that might not freek out on seeing PAL, and see if anything comes out of that in the meantime. I get the impression that these ebay Azboxes are straight from europe and haven't been Americanized at all.

Anyway, I won't have much more time to play tonight, but should tomorrow. Will be interested in the experiences of other people who just got them.

Had to pull the Coolsat and my Popcorn Hour to install the Azbox, the Coolsat to get an available sat coax, and the Popcorn to get an HDMI input to my TV.

I'm curious... is there such a thing as an HDMI multi-input switch, like they have for A/V and SVID? My TV only has 2 HDMI and 2 component, and I've run out of inputs. \

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts