Review: Azbox Elite HD FTA Receiver

its a linux box. you'll need to find a compatible usb wireless adapter if you need wifi. Remember it must be in the box's Kernel (kinda like a driver software package) if it is to work. Some research first would be very prudent.

Direct is best

When you find out post it here
The one on ebay says linux os,if it does not work I will just move the router to the living room and put the dongle on my desktop,and run the azbox direct.
Maybe we can get some people to try different ones,maybe we can find one that works.

The one on ebay says linux os,if it does not work I will just move the router to the living room and put the dongle on my desktop,and run the azbox direct.
Maybe we can get some people to try different ones,maybe we can find one that works.

Originally Posted by gillham
You can use a "wireless gaming adapter" or similar device designed to let you hook your game console's ethernet to wireless. Not a usb wireless adapter, but an ethernet to wireless bridge. Dlink DWL-G820 is an example.

You can also enable "Internet Connection Sharing" under Windows (&Mac) to share the wireless connection with the wired. Much less convenient than getting a wired/wireless bridge, but the price is right if you already have a laptop near the TV.

wow I know what non-intuitive means now.

I figured out the bells and whistles pretty fast.

getting channel and sats to run has a learning curve, it's kinda steep but I have 2 birds set so far. Please hurry with a blindscan!!!!

usals seems to work much better than disqse1.2 It isn't zeroed perfectly like i can get with diSqeC1.2 on my coolsat.

Another issue I hope they work out it the quality meter blanks out when you toggle the manual dish move.

The screen for adjusting position will very often garble the text till it's unintelligible, while you are guessing if you are improving the signal with your efforts.

edit: ftv hd 1080i great stuff

Last edited:

Wireless Printer bridge works fine for my azbox. At the same time it also works for my Sammy LCD + HR20.

btw: It has 4 ethernet ports outputs.

the kids are oooing and ahhhing over the youtube viewer. Anybody figured out how to switch it to YOuTube North America instead of Portugal?

There has to be an easier way to separate the channels by satellite better than sitting at my computer with another application.

There has to be an easier way to separate the channels by satellite better than sitting at my computer with another application.
Press "OK", that brings up the "All Channels"
See the different Tabs at the Top: All Channels, Satellite, Favorites, ..., ....,
Press "Exit" once, then Right Arrow to Satellite and press OK, you can then select the Sats you have scanned Channels into.

that rocks!!!! thanks

I'm having a lot of trouble getting 43w, no prob on the coolsat.

I'm slaving the azbox so I can use the coolsats easier disc1.2 control and locations I have saved

Last edited:
I'm having a lot of trouble getting 43w, no prob on the coolsat.

I'm slaving the azbox so I can use the coolsats easier disc1.2 control and locations I have saved

Slaving via the passthru of various receivers is not equal. I do slaving all the time, but I've found that the output from my Coolsat is the worst of all my other receivers. These passthru things seem to often have amplifiers in them, and the results you get at the slaved receiver seems to be affected by the amount of gain and noise coming out of that amplifier.
Anyway, I OFTEN found things that I could lock easily on my Coolsat, that I couldn't lock on whatever was slaved to it, but my Diamond 9000 didn't seem to degrade the signal at all, and if I could lock it on the Diamond, it would lock on the slaved receiver.

problem is the motor control on the azbox sucks @$$. Or I'm doing it really wrong.

I'm using USALS successfully, I rarely use Diseqc 1.2 mode, except in unusual cases. Hate having to rely on positions stored in the motor, unless it's necessary.
[edit] I frequently have to remind myself that motor control at best, is inexact. A larger dish frequently cures all ills ( except the "wife" ailment ) . Even on the same satellite, different transponders peak at different motor positions ( and lnb skew ) , so I take what I can get, try to improve on it, and but also try to be realistic about the situation.
:)

Last edited:
Just an update on my AZbox Elite , my Mom is using it at the moment on Hispasat for some of the S2 channels but I plan on swapping it once in a while so I can play with my Motorized dish and watch HD channels which believe it or not I haven't done yet.

What I have really enjoyed is downloading TV shows via Bitorrent transferring to flash drive and watching it on the AZbox on the living room TV , XVID and AVI have been flawless but I did encounter a problem with one DIVX file that played Video perfectly but no audio.

Has any one had problems using a Universal LNB w/ AZbox, I'm currently using a Standard LNB but want to swap back to my SNH-031

problem is the motor control on the azbox sucks @$$. Or I'm doing it really wrong.

What kind of problems are you having?

I find the motor control to be great working in the 1.2 mode. I have had mine running a 10-footer on a Ajax mount an has not given me 1 problem. the AZ motor control is far better that the Pansat that it replaced on that dish.

now the only problem or really is a bug, but that has been noted, but it is supposed to be fixed in the last firm ware. an I have not tried it after this last up grade. is when you go to move you're dish E or W it jumps to the 1st TP of that satellite that is programed in, but a easy cure is have a active TP for you're 1st TP in its list of TP.

OMG! I got my AZBox yesterday, and I couldn't stop long enough to enjoy all of the stuff that it had to offer!!! Plugged it into the loop with my 7.5' Sami pushed via 1.2 and Vbox II, and a 90cm on USALS...all on the same line. The box has no problems with either motor. Ran the Cband on G-16, scanned, wow. Then moved to G-17...double WOW! (Especially since Fox dropped the PowerVu)!! All I can say is...this has been one of the best purchases I've made in my good time invested in FTA!!!!

maybe its my digiwave sg2100 that sucks. When I let usals try to find a dish it never does. could somebody make me up a good tutorial for the azbox, usals and a sg2100...please.

dsq1.2 saves positions it never goes back to.

I think I'd reset the motor, while the AZbox was selecting a tp on the True South satellite.
Using the button on the motor, move it to zero position. Then to the reset sequence for your motor ( if its a single button model, push the reset button with a paperclip and hold it until the flashing stops). I'd so this several times, then power down the AZbox , so the power is lost to the motor also. Wait 20 seconds or so ( way too long, I know). Then start up the Azbox, and try to USALS move to another location.
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Sidebar