Review: Azbox Elite HD FTA Receiver

can someone please tell me how to telnet to the azbox,someone posted,from a pc telnet to the azbox,how do you do that.I am frustrated trying to get the sat list to download to the azbox.

maybe its my digiwave sg2100 that sucks. When I let usals try to find a dish it never does. could somebody make me up a good tutorial for the azbox, usals and a sg2100...please.

dsq1.2 saves positions it never goes back to.

one detail I had that didn't noticed til after was that when I set USALS on mine using my Stab HH120, in the settings had the wrong longitude. Suppose to be 118.5w and when my motor was not moving I'd double checked it and had it at 11.85 so it was completely wrong.

USALS working excellent using the latest firmware.

can someone please tell me how to telnet to the azbox,someone posted,from a pc telnet to the azbox,how do you do that.I am frustrated trying to get the sat list to download to the azbox.

You should be able to ftp the two necessary files to the /disk2 location, reboot the Azbox , and be in business. Do you have an ftp application ?

After a few days with the azbox, I recommend the v097b editor as captain suggested. Download the files from the box, edit them, save them and then send them back. It should make the box reboot after upload complete.(at least it does to time).

Here this will help it has all the info you need, an Linx an Lak laid it out very well.
also with the 2371 FW you can just use the editor v097b to send back to AZ.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...ite-hd-what-do-shiny-new-toy.html#post1863554
thanks for that,I was following those instructions but it was still hard to figure out with the sat file but I got it and now I am scanning all the channels in.If they add dvb-s2 blind scan to this thing it will be the only receiver I need(in one room).

Has anyone been successful in editing channels with the Editor? I can load and retrieve from the Azbox but cannot edit, I get an error code 91 object or Block variable not set. Also, did not see an option to delete channels. I know this is a work in progress but was wondering if anyone was able to use it.

Has anyone been successful in editing channels with the Editor? I can load and retrieve from the Azbox but cannot edit, I get an error code 91 object or Block variable not set. Also, did not see an option to delete channels. I know this is a work in progress but was wondering if anyone was able to use it.
Not recently. :)
You can edit Sats and TPs, but Channels seems to be broke.
As you said, a work in process, just in case something changes, I would not spend too much time messing with it.

Actually, I had never tried editing the channels. I was just happy that I got it to upload a sat list that was ordered properly and to fix a corrupt satellite list that the receiver came with, which wasn't easy.
But I just tried the channel editing thing, and yes, I got the same error message, even if I didn't make any changes, so channel editing doesn't work for me either. Hopefully either this editor will be fixed, or some other editor will be made to work with the Azbox files.

Originally Posted by Exxxklusive
Well i've just emailed the makers of the AZBox enquiring about the lack of a blindscan option, explained the downfalls of not having this option & have asked some specific questions regarding the possibility of adding it in the future.
I'll let you know if i get any response...
Official Response:

We plan launch a blind scan option by Software very soon.
However to increase this feature we are preparing some modification for actual tuner.

Best regards

I just bought mine on ebay for $270 including standard shipping from a store at the bottom of the listings.

They had a make a "best offer" and $270 was immediately accepted.

Somebody else should be able to do a little better.

I'll let you know how it goes.

...sorry but can you give me the link to the store or the exact name of the store. Thanks.

yep, that's the seller I got mine from. Quick shipping from them, looks like the raised their bid price though, so curioussmurf, the price that I told you I got mine at, they might not accept any more. When I got mine, their starting bid was $299

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts