RF remote with Voom?

oddwunn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
I noticed that there is a RF connector just above the RF out connector on the back panel. There is no reference to this connector in the manual. I think that it is for a RF remote, but can anyone verify this? And if so, how can I use it?

It is for a RF remote. Voom elected not to use the feature at the present time but may in the future. Unless they develop software to recognize the RF signals and what to do with them, then the rf will not work with the receiver because the receiver has no idea what to do with the rf signals.

Bummer...I guess I'll have to get out the old IR extender, heh? ;)

oddwunn said:
I noticed that there is a RF connector just above the RF out connector on the back panel. There is no reference to this connector in the manual. I think that it is for a RF remote, but can anyone verify this? And if so, how can I use it?

Yes. The VOOM receiver is controllable via RF remote. My C-band 4DTV receiver uses the same codes, so I'm using the 4DTV remote in my play room on the other side of my house (about 100 feet away). I have a small antenna outside my play room made from RG-6 coax that is attached to the UHF input on the VOOM receiver.

Check the remotes thread in the VOOM information sub-form.

Dana

You can find the Motorola URC941 (4DTV) remote on eB** for less than $50.00

yea buy you need the antenna included in the kit from kusat

You can make an antenna out of 6" of RG6 Coax or you can pick up an antenna at any Radio Shak.

I have been using the 4DTV RF remote for some time with the VOOM stb: works great

I posted a similar thread asking for info on how to reprogram the universal features of this remote: appreciate any info

Mark