RG-6 CABLE TROUBLESHOOTING

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eric B

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Vanderwagen, NM
We moved back into our renovated apartment where an RG-6 cable was preinstalled. I tried hooking up the cable to our Directv Satellite and their is no feed coming from the satellite thru this RG-6 cable that was installed. Right now I have my original cables that came with Directv and it runs (currently) thru the window and that cable works. What am I doing Wrong? Please advise! Eric

The preinstalled cable(RG-6) is hanging on the eastside of the apartment and it come out in the livingroom area on the westside of the wall. How would I check to see if it works?

I crimped both ends of the cable and still I dont get no live connection from satellite LNB to Satellite receiver.

Could have a splitter on it, D* doesn't work with splitters.

Is there anyway to verify where that line goes to, maybe a closet, attic ect.

The preinstalled cable(RG-6) is hanging on the eastside of the apartment and it come out in the livingroom area on the westside of the wall. How would I check to see if it works?

You could take a piece of wire(like cheap speaker wire or whatever you have laying around) as long as it's long enough to reach each end of the cable you want to test. Attach it to the RG6 at one end and run a continuity test. Any simple multimeter will suffice.

A splitter would definitely cause the problem. I understood the OP to say it was run for satellite shortly before the renovation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)