RGB, Superwhite, etc... PS3

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
So what in the hell do these setting mean.

I never really messed with them but tried tonight, only thing I can notice is that RGB Full seems to be darker than limited. Dunno what superwhite does, or the difference between RGB and YCBR or whatever the heck it is.

Suggestion greatly appreciated

So what in the hell do these setting mean.

I never really messed with them but tried tonight, only thing I can notice is that RGB Full seems to be darker than limited. Dunno what superwhite does, or the difference between RGB and YCBR or whatever the heck it is.

Suggestion greatly appreciated

RGb Full slightly expands the range of each color (to values from 0-255, rather than 16-235). But this is nonstandard, and only recommended with some TV displays(a fair number of sets do support this). Since levels of black go lower than "true" black your set will typically display darker blacks, but may in fact lose dark detail if it goes below(or white detail above) what your set will display. See your ps3 manual

RGB Full Range (HDMI)

Superwhite (whiter than white) and ycbr have to do with extentions of color range. Only a few sets support any of this. Check to see if your TV DISPLAY supports this before activating.
Y Pb / Cb**Pr / Cr Super-White**(HDMI)

Y Pb / Cb**Pr / Cr Super-White**(HDMI)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts