Rich Rod fired!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Jimbo, they're being very tight lipped there in Ann Arbor. Miles, Hoke, and host of other names have been speculated on. Me? I say go after the guy at TCU. He did beat Wisconsin. Young and talented.

I think I heard Stanford was talking to (or wanting to) talk to Boise States coach ...

I CAN'T see TCU allowing anyone to talk to thier coach seeing they are moving to the Big East, they probably want things intact when they get there.

LSU coach Les Miles confirmed Monday he will meet with Michigan about the coaching vacancy.

The Detroit News reported Sunday night that Miles and Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon are expected to meet Tuesday, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

From The Detroit News: LSU's Les Miles confirms plans to meet with Michigan | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Looks like at least a meeting will be held

LSU coach Les Miles confirmed Monday he will meet with Michigan about the coaching vacancy.

The Detroit News reported Sunday night that Miles and Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon are expected to meet Tuesday, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

From The Detroit News: LSU's Les Miles confirms plans to meet with Michigan | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Looks like at least a meeting will be held
Here's another link from ESPN: Michigan Wolverines, Les Miles expected to meet about opening - ESPN

Miles says he cannot speculate about the substance of such a meeting and also says he is "extremely happy" at LSU and that his family is comfortable living in Baton Rouge.
Looks like he's taking a page right out of little Nicky's book. ;)

The LSU board is all afluster with gossip about this ( Discuss College Football Coaching Changes - TigerDroppings.com ). They've even tracked planes through FlightAware to Baton Rouge that had their origin in Michigan. A lot of BS flying around. Personally, I don't care either way what happens, as long as LSU winds up with a quality coach that can do something with the talent the program has amassed over the last few years. I think Miles is a good coach, although he's shown his shortcomings at times. But if he goes, it will be interesting to see who might come to Baton Rouge to fill his spot with all that talent down there waiting for them.

If Michigan is smart, the first question they should ask Miles in his interview tomorrow is, "If there are 35 seconds left in the game, how many seconds are there left in the game?" :D

Last edited:
Looks like interest was lost by someone.

Les Miles to remain coach at LSU - ESPN

Glad he stayed. Like Randy Newman said, "He may be a fool...but he's our fool." Next year should be fun. :)

:( Thats too bad, he is a good coach with michigian ties and I think he would have been a good fit with some of the pieces they have on offense. Its good though that he did not take way to much time

Mr. Hoke next??

Wow...that was fast

A release from the University of Michigan:

University of Michigan Athletic Director Dave Brandon announced today (Tuesday, Jan. 11) the hiring of Brady Hoke as the 19th coach in the 131-year history of Michigan football. Hoke arrives in Ann Arbor after spending the past eight seasons as a head coach at Ball State (2003-08) and San Diego State (2009-10).

Read more: Brady Hoke named Michigan football coach | freep.com | Detroit Free Press Domino's plane headed to California; Brady Hoke imminent for Michigan? | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

That was quick. The San Diego paper still shows Hoke's agent being in discussions, and the Domino's plane on the way to Orange County with the Michigan AD. I hope it turns out well for Michigan. Lots of relatives on my mother's side went there. They really need to get competitive again with Ohio State and Michigan State.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)