Rich Rod fired!

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Michigan has fired football coach Rich Rodriguez after his third season ended with a school-record 38-point loss in the Gator Bowl, Fox 2 TV in Detroit is reporting.
The report comes after Rodriguez met with athletic director Dave Brandon earlier Tuesday.
Members of the football team are scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, according to another report out of Ann Arbor.
Michigan's Gator Bowl loss to Mississippi State knocked Rodriguez's overall record to 15-22 with college football's winningest program.
Michigan will owe the coach $2.5 million to buy out the final three years of his contract.
Rich Rodriguez fired by Michigan Wolverines, report says - ESPN

WOW! What does mean about the job in Michigan? An alumni that does NOT want to go coach his Alma mater....
the rumor is....
wait for it...
...wait for it...
BRADY HOKE!

He is the current SD State coach and is NOT a Michigan man ;)

BRADY HOKE!

He is the current SD State coach and is NOT a Michigan man ;)
Actually, he is.

"Before becoming the head coach at Ball State, Hoke was the defensive line/associate head coach at Michigan. His career also included stops at Oregon State (defensive line), Toledo (outside linebackers), Western Michigan (DL, special teams), Grand Valley State (defensive line), and Yorktown High School (defensive coordinator, offensive line)."

Brady Hoke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, he is.

"Before becoming the head coach at Ball State, Hoke was the defensive line/associate head coach at Michigan. His career also included stops at Oregon State (defensive line), Toledo (outside linebackers), Western Michigan (DL, special teams), Grand Valley State (defensive line), and Yorktown High School (defensive coordinator, offensive line)."

Brady Hoke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
damn, some of the Michigan guys I know on another forum are overreacting then.

It's not about Harbaugh not wanting to go to Michigan, it's more that the job Harbaugh has done, both last night and the whole year, have NFL teams salivating. Michigan may be at the very least priced out of hiring him.

Also, Hoke is no joke. He's well respected and a good choice to bring Michigan back to respectability.

Sandra

I hear Urban Meyer is out of work..

And poor Rich Rod, he gets fired and only gets a measly 2.5million for his troubles.. I wish my company would fire me and give me 2.5million ;)

Not offical word yet from what I am reading and hearing in our area...while it looks offical, its not...but hopefully will be soon

Not offical word yet from what I am reading and hearing in our area...while it looks offical, its not...but hopefully will be soon

You are correct. The Michigan AD has come out and said that they have not made a decision yet. The key word is yet.

JAG72;2423797You are correct. The Michigan AD has come out and said that they have not made a decision yet. The key word is yet.[/QUOTE said:
Yes not yet, but this needs to be decided soon. The AD will need to hit a home run for the next coach. He played for Bo and did good things as a CEO, but Harbaugh needs to be his coach

Horse face isn't getting him either. He has it made at Stanford.

What?! He is THE hottest coaching commodity out there....he will have it made wherever he goes. AND he will not have the responsibility of "buying the groceries"...all he will have to do is "cook the dinner" if he goes to the NFL.

Not a big fan of The Tuna, but I LOVE that quote...(..."if I have to make the dinner, why can't I buy the groceries?")

What?! He is THE hottest coaching commodity out there....he will have it made wherever he goes. AND he will not have the responsibility of "buying the groceries"...all he will have to do is "cook the dinner" if he goes to the NFL.

Not a big fan of The Tuna, but I LOVE that quote...(..."if I have to make the dinner, why can't I buy the groceries?")

In the NFL, a coaches success is directly related to having a good QB. The Denver Broncos don't have a QB. Why would he go to Denver? I'm sure there is better options out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)