Rich Rod fired!

How Rich Rod technically has a job today is beyond me?

The fact that Michigan actually came out to deny the rumors makes me think they're actually thinking of keeping him. If they were planning on firing him, you'd think they wouldn't have said anything publicly. I guess we'll see....

The fact that Michigan actually came out to deny the rumors makes me think they're actually thinking of keeping him. If they were planning on firing him, you'd think they wouldn't have said anything publicly. I guess we'll see....
I think the media actually pulls stuff out of their a** in attempts to force people to respond or make a decision quicker. In this case, I don't believe for one second they'll keep him. They'll make the announcement when they're ready...

In the NFL, a coaches success is directly related to having a good QB. The Denver Broncos don't have a QB. Why would he go to Denver? I'm sure there is better options out there.

Um they have Tim Tebow.. The problem is Denver has a CRAP Defense and weak offense. There QB play is fine. Look at the games Tebow started. He scored and scored but the Broncos Defense offered little help. Its hard to win when your defense allows 59, 49, 39 43, 33 points to be scored against you. It makes the offense play catch up.

QB is the least of the Broncos troubles. Orton is decent and his back up is a future franchise star. The rest of the team is just horrible.

Um they have Tim Tebow.. The problem is Denver has a CRAP Defense and weak offense. There QB play is fine. Look at the games Tebow started. He scored and scored but the Broncos Defense offered little help. Its hard to win when your defense allows 59, 49, 39 43, 33 points to be scored against you. It makes the offense play catch up.

QB is the least of the Broncos troubles. Orton is decent and his back up is a future franchise star. The rest of the team is just horrible.

TeWho? ;) :D

Yes, Rich Rod gone and AD says that he does not think harbaugh has his eye one college but NFL but will talk to him as the AD is a michigan grad and of course so is Harbaugh

As far as the QB, I think he will wait to see what coach they bring in or if Rich Rod gets a job soon, follow him.

Yes, Rich Rod gone and AD says that he does not think harbaugh has his eye one college but NFL but will talk to him as the AD is a michigan grad and of course so is Harbaugh

As far as the QB, I think he will wait to see what coach they bring in or if Rich Rod gets a job soon, follow him.

Follow your coach elsewhere and sit out a year ?

Follow your coach elsewhere and sit out a year ?

Depends I guess on how much loyalty he has for Rich Rod. While the situation is different, Ryan Mallet left michigan after Rich Rod came (what a qb he could have been, if Michigan had the pro style system still) sat out a year and is doing well for himself

And poor Rich Rod, he gets fired and only gets a measly 2.5million for his troubles.

Actually, he got very poor legal and financial advice and had to pay WVU a big buy-out and owes big money to the FDIC from his (and several other big football coaches') failed investments in what was to be a chain of retirement / second home condos near college football stadiums. He almost certainly needs to work, although he probably can take this year off. He does not seem to have the voice or disposition to go into broadcasting.

As to the whole saga. SEE I TOLD YOU SO. Success in that woefull cupcake league does not translate into success in the Big Time.

Actually, he got very poor legal and financial advice and had to pay WVU a big buy-out and owes big money to the FDIC from his (and several other big football coaches') failed investments in what was to be a chain of retirement / second home condos near college football stadiums. He almost certainly needs to work, although he probably can take this year off. He does not seem to have the voice or disposition to go into broadcasting.

As to the whole saga. SEE I TOLD YOU SO. Success in that woefull cupcake league does not translate into success in the Big Time.

Who the hell do you support anyway? Anybody? Or are you just here to bitch, moan, piss, and whine.

SamCdbs said:

Are you SURE that Michigan didn't pay for RRod's buyout from WV ?

IIRC, UM paid for DickWeed's costs of breaking the contract at WVU, but they did not cover his losses from his downright moronic investments, nor should they have been expected to. He is as apt at investing as he is at coaching, IMO.

I wasn't talking about the investments, there's no reason Michigan should pay for that....

Les Miles would be a fool to leave LSU for Michigan. LSU is absolutely loaded, he will never have the talent at Michigan that he currently has and will have at LSU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)