Rock Band 2

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
Just wanted to get others feedback on what they thought of Rock Band 2. I picked my copy up today and only have one complaint so far. I was playing "We got the beat" by the Go Go's and I had a bald man singing it with a green goatee. It would have been nice if they would of had a girl singing the song.

I like it. It's not a huge upgrade from RB1, but really, why fix what isn't broken.

The only thing I've been disappointed in so far is the Guns N' Roses song. Don't know why I ever got my hopes up that it would be good though.

Anyone try the new drums or guitar? I plan on buying RB2 game only once I get my 360 back from M$. Since I sold my RB1 drum kit and mic, I'm waiting for GHWT to come out, before I decide to purchase another Drum kit or bundle.

Last edited:
The other piece that really gets to me is some of the video effects they use during play. It sure makes it a little tougher to get through it (at least for me). A few of them start to really make me dizzy.

Just wanted to get others feedback on what they thought of Rock Band 2. I picked my copy up today and only have one complaint so far. I was playing "We got the beat" by the Go Go's and I had a bald man singing it with a green goatee. It would have been nice if they would of had a girl singing the song.
They seem to randomize it now. It's not like before where they had a matching gender based on the song. I was playing and they had things where the gender wasn't matching the vocals.

Anyone try the new drums or guitar? I plan on buying RB2 game only once I get my 360 back from M$. Since I sold my RB1 drum kit and mic, I'm waiting for GHWT to come out, before I decide to purchase another Drum kit or bundle.

I would wait for the GH drums. GH equipment works with RB but RB equipment does not work with GH.

I am pretty sure they work with each other now or maybe just the new ones will.

I thought I read in xbox magazine that they still wont. I could be wrong. I guess we will fing out when GH comes out.

I do have one question about RB2. Can you play RB1 songs on RB2?

Rock Band instruments will work on GH:WT. My brother in law told me and he is coding GH:WT. It also says so on wiki. Rock Band 1 songs can be exported to RB2 for 400 MS points which is like 5 bucks. This is to cover rights fess. Three songs will not transfer. Paranoia and Run to the Hills are two of em but I forgot the third.

Rock Band instruments will work on GH:WT. My brother in law told me and he is coding GH:WT. It also says so on wiki. Rock Band 1 songs can be exported to RB2 for 400 MS points which is like 5 bucks. This is to cover rights fess. Three songs will not transfer. Paranoia and Run to the Hills are two of em but I forgot the third.

I think the 3rd is Metallica's Ender Sandman.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)