Roethlisberger accussed of sexual assult...AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
What is going on with this guy that this has happened AGAIN?!! I mean seriously...does he really need to be careful of WHOM he hangs with AND where he goes? Will there come a time that he needs to hire private security when he goes out?

Roethlisberger accused of sexually assaulting woman in Georgia

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- A 20-year-old college student accused Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting her at a nightclub early Friday during a night on the town near where he owns a lake home.

Police said the alleged assault occurred early Friday morning in Milledgeville, about 85 miles southeast of Atlanta. The player owns a home about 30 miles to the north on Lake Oconee.

The two-time Super Bowl champion, who turned 28 on Tuesday, and some of his friends were seen visiting local restaurants and bars Thursday night.

Deputy Police Chief Richard Malone said Roethlisberger had been with three other people who were mingling with another group that included the alleged victim. Malone said the woman, a 20-year-old college student, and her party contacted a nearby police officer following the alleged assault.

"He's been identified as being at the scene and there are allegations naming him as the perpetrator," Malone said.

Several areas of the nightclub were considered a crime scene, Malone said, but he would not elaborate.

Roethlisberger and the alleged victim have been interviewed and the woman was taken to a hospital, where she was treated and released, Malone said.

The victim was not identified by police and The Associated Press does not generally identify possible victims of sexual abuse.

Police said Roethlisberger and his attorney were cooperating with investigators. He was not in custody and has not been charged with a crime.

Read More: Ben Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault in Georgia - NFL - SI.com

Here's what I want to know. What the hell was Roethlesberger doing in Milledgeville, GA? I've been there before and there's nothing to do there and it's you have to travel a ways off the paved roads to get there.

What is going on with this guy that this has happened AGAIN?!! I mean seriously...does he really need to be careful of WHOM he hangs with AND where he goes? Will there come a time that he needs to hire private security when he goes out?
Maybe he needs to stop raping women.

Why do you automatically assume she's lying?

Here's what I want to know. What the hell was Roethlesberger doing in Milledgeville, GA? I've been there before and there's nothing to do there and it's you have to travel a ways off the paved roads to get there.

He has an off season home in the area ....

In the latest incident, a 20-year-old woman attending Georgia College & State University in Milledgeville, near Mr. Roethlisberger's off-season home, is the alleged victim, according to Milledgeville police Deputy Chief Richard Malone.

Late Friday afternoon, the quarterback's agent, Ryan Tollner, issued a statement:

"Last night, Ben and his friends met a group of women and everyone mingled together throughout the evening. We have spoken to law enforcement.

"Based on information currently available, an allegation was made against Ben, which appeared to be dismissed after a preliminary investigation last night.

"Obviously, given the prior accusation against Ben, we are skeptical of motive, but we will continue to cooperate with everyone involved."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10065/1040779-455.stm#ixzz0hR9R0z0n

Last edited:

Hmmmm....interesting line in that report:

At a minimum, he's a damn fool for allowing himself to be placed in a circumstance that could lead to the making of false charges, especially in light of his other pending legal predicament in Nevada. At worst, he has the same "entitlement" mentality that supposedly prompted a certain Tiger's tomcat streak.

The possible difference, of course, is that Eldrick Woods always respected the concept of consent.

OK, I am gonna throw it out there....here goes.... It obviously seems that he has had two incidents out there that the media has basically given a pass. Had it been a black athlete, would he be getting crucified by the media....especially after being accussed TWICE in less than a year? Like the last line, it look like this might be some kind of entitlement issue....

Hmmm....just saying....

Have you seen the women of Pittsburgh? I'd imagine Milledgeville is considered an upgrade in talent. ;)

Were in my statement do you see that I am saying he is lying? Or assume that he is not....

I mean seriously...does he really need to be careful of WHOM he hangs with AND where he goes? Will there come a time that he needs to hire private security when he goes out?
To me, it looked like you were implying that he hangs out in places where he meets shady women who are looking to make a cash grab. That's what I got out of your statement......

If that wasn't what you meant, then I apologize. Sexual assault victims are frequently dis-believed.

To me, it looked like you were implying that he hangs out in places where he meets shady women who are looking to make a cash grab. That's what I got out of your statement......

If that wasn't what you meant, then I apologize. Sexual assault victims are frequently dis-believed.

My statement is pretty self explanitory. He might be hanging out with guys that look for trouble or hangin' in places that he really has no business being....that have trouble written all over the front door. And sexual assult victims, when accussing someone who is rich...I would agree. But if you or I, they tend to believe the accusser...you or I might be in jail right now.

He is stupid if he did this, also yahoo sports had a great article with a great question...if he is innocent why is he getting a top notch lawyer, does he expect charges to be brought forward?

From PFT today -

Steelers president Art Rooney II has addressed the matter.

"All of us in the Steelers family are concerned about the recent incident involving Ben Roethlisberger in Georgia," Rooney said. "We cannot comment on any of the specifics until law enforcement's investigation is concluded. Certainly, we will continue to closely monitor the situation."

The message is a bit stronger than the usual "we do not comment on pending legal matters," and it makes us wonder whether the Steelers are beginning to tire of Roethlisberger's antics.

I am gonna withhold comment until get more info. On 790 The Ticket, they had Adam Schefter on and from the info he got, his "posse" made sure
NO men went to HIS VIP area and made sure the club/bar went out of their way to make sure ALL women in the bar knew he was there.
That info for what it is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)