Rookie needs help... Rving with Dish Network

JTroxell

Jul 21, 2011
KS
I want to set up to receive my Dish service while I am camping. I would like input from the members here on what to do -- when (when NOT) to call -- where to find the rules, etc.

I currently have leased equipment (625 receiver). I would eventually like to purchase an additional receiver (and card) so I wouldn't have to 'rob' the house each time I camp.

If this is covered elsewhere -- just give me the link and I will research. Thanks for any advice that you can give me! I don't want to purchase something and then find out that it can't be activated - or call to buy a card and say something wrong.

R0ss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 14, 2009
Ayer, Ma
JTroxell said:
I want to set up to receive my Dish service while I am camping. I would like input from the members here on what to do -- when (when NOT) to call -- where to find the rules, etc.

I currently have leased equipment (625 receiver). I would eventually like to purchase an additional receiver (and card) so I wouldn't have to 'rob' the house each time I camp.

If this is covered elsewhere -- just give me the link and I will research. Thanks for any advice that you can give me! I don't want to purchase something and then find out that it can't be activated - or call to buy a card and say something wrong.

There is a fair amount of discusion on this topic. Try a search of the forum first then if you don't find what you need come on back and ask.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

MaryB@SlingTV

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 29, 2010
Colorado
Hi, I can help you with a few of your questions. You are able to take your receiver camping with you and you would not need to call for that. Purchasing an additional receiver is an option. When it is active on your account, it will incur a monthly receiver fee ranging from $7.00 -$17.00, depending on the receiver. If you are looking at purchasing a used receiver, please call DISH Network or PM a DIRT member to verify the receiver and smart card are good and eligible to be moved to another account. If you have any specific questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly!

Last edited:

vash1090

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 7, 2009
AZ
I just learned it Thursday and I've already forgotten what it's called but, there's a new thing coming out soon which packs up like an ice cooler. I guess it has the dish (211k also suggested) and gives some assistance with pointing. I don't know a whole lot about it because DNS will not service it, but retailers will carry it sometime soon.

Dishman1978

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 31, 2010
California
vash1090 said:
I just learned it Thursday and I've already forgotten what it's called but, there's a new thing coming out soon which packs up like an ice cooler. I guess it has the dish (211k also suggested) and gives some assistance with pointing. I don't know a whole lot about it because DNS will not service it, but retailers will carry it sometime soon.

'Tailgatter'.

Edit: 'Tailgater'

Jimmerinwi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 29, 2008
Midwest
As stated, it is called the Tailgater. According to the little bit of training I've seen on this, they state the only receiver that works with it is a 211k (wink). I found the PDF on it.

Attachments

• Tailgater.pdf
    87.7 KB · Views: 180

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts