root sports houston?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
directv just uploaded the root sports southwest houston channel today maybe you will see it next week who knows.

thanks

Allen bluegras

Its uplinked (not uploaded) and its the station formerly known as CSN Houston.

So folks in Houston can see the Rockets and Astros soon.

Yep, new RSN for Houston area. Like Iceberg said for the Rockets and Astros.

Launch is Monday the 17th, Rockets game at home against the 76ers.

I just got an email about it from Direct. That's unusual. Channels just usually appear, in my experience.

As Root Sports Southwest progressed through its debut day ahead of its initial airing of the Houston Rockets' NBA coverage, Patrick Crumb was already looking ahead.
The president of DirecTV Sports Networks, which is operating the service, is eyeing more distribution growth, looking to add key personnel, including the general manager position, and wants to bolster the regional sports network’s programming roster.
Borne from DirecTV and AT&T U-verse’s purchase of CSN Houston from chapter 11 bankruptcy, Root Sports Southwest, which will also be the local home to MLB’s Houston Astros, signed on at 6 a.m. (CT) with a poker show and was scheduled to air talk shows and pregame fare previewing the Rockets-Memphis Grizzlies presentation at 7 p.m.

multichannel.com

The channel SHOULD be called Root Houston, not Root SW. When I think "southwest" I think... Arizona, Las Vegas, southern California, etc. Not Houston. I also think FSSW should be FS Texas. Am I alone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)