Rotating an elliptical Starchoice dish by 90 degree?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jenom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2006
I have a grey fiberglass Starchoice dish (height 27", width 37")
mounted on the wall.
The mounting bracket and post was designed for 33" round dish, therefore I got a limited angle in rotatiNG sideways, because the longer sides of the dish hits the wall.
Thinking of:
Rotate the dish 90 degrees, so the wider side will be vertical and rotate the LNB by 90 degree too !
Anybody have tried to do this with an elliptical dish ? Your experience ?
Thanks !

So I should not rotate the LNB ?
How would it work ?
Thanks !

you would need to rotate the LNB but the eliptical SC dish the LNB is built into the arm so you can't rotate it.

Starchoice dish

Thanks for the info !
Originally it had a Quad LNB, which was either defective or it was just me....but I could not get it working.
I have managed to cut off 4" from the arm, mounted a round shape LNB holder and a linear LNB in that piece, then created a plastic insert/bracket which connects between the remaining arm and the 4" piece......so the new LNB's feedhorn ended up in a same location.

(see attached two pictures)

My wall facing south , so far I was able to get AMC5, AMC9 and SBS6, but when i try to go more to the west (IA6, IA5,Galaxy4,AMC4).......my dish hits the wall.
Once the killing temperatures will go down ( in a week ?), I will be up there and turning everything !

Attachments

• SC1.JPG
    SC1.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 173
  • SC2.JPG
    SC2.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)