Round Rock, TX (New House)?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LER

Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
Ok, antennaweb doesn't seem to know the exact address, so based on the zip, here's what it says:

* yellow - uhf KXAN-DT 36.1 NBC AUSTIN TX 195° 14.2 21
* yellow - uhf KVUE-DT 24.1 ABC AUSTIN TX 196° 14.5 33
* yellow - uhf KNVA-DT 54.1 WB AUSTIN TX 195° 14.2 49
* yellow - vhf KAKW-DT 62.1 UNI KILLEEN TX 305° 21.7 13
* yellow - uhf KEYE-DT 42.1 CBS AUSTIN TX 196° 14.5 43
* yellow - uhf KLRU-DT 18.1 PBS AUSTIN TX 192° 14.2 22
* lt green - uhf KNCT-DT 46.1 PBS BELTON TX 3° 32.7 38

Recommendations from the assembled masses?

For rock solid reception I would recommend a 2 or 4 bay bow-tie UHF antenna mounted at least 5 ' above your roofpeak pointed SSW toward Austin.

Or duct tape the silver sensor to your chimney - just kidding.

Outside is ALWAYS better, bigger is better, higher is better.

LER,
You need a UHF & VHF (FOX is now full power on 7.1). You are only around 14 miles from the towers in Austin. I have a friend living in RR & is using an Terk indoor antenna (I'm using a double bow-tie from Radio Shack & I'm 12 miles). It is sitting right next to his JVC HD-ILA & he gets not only Austin's but can turn & get Kelleen etc. Here's a link to what it looks like:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001FV36E/102-3601277-5149716?v=glance&n=172282

Barney

I am in Brushy Creek North right off 1431. I have a outside ant.(about 25 years old) just above my house about 30ft from ground. and get every thing with a strong signal. Just for kicks I hooked up a cheapo inside rabbit ears with a uhf loop on it and got everything just about as strong as the outside ant.(not quite but close.) I have a LST 4200A stb. Ps. I don't have a ant. roto but I can turn my outside ant. around 180 degree and got most of the Waco stations.

martin1: I'm gonna be in Villages of Brushy Creek (end of Liberty Walk Dr from O'Connor). Sounds like an inside combo will work for the HD OTA Locals.

Thanks!

LER

korsjs said:
go with the inside first. if that does not work, return it and go bigger.
Yeah, that's what I'm figuring. It'll probably be jan/feb before I go HD, unless I get an unexpected cash infusion.

Thanks for all the info.

LER

Good Luck
I don't even look at this forum. This is first time. I usually just go down as far as the Dishnetwork or Directtv forum as I have had both. C-band before that. I think you are about 2 miles closer as the crow flys as I am so You shouldn't have any problems. Here is a good forum to look at for answers. It has a local forum for Austin Tx.
www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=6