Rsn And Nesnhd Alert!!!!! OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Saw this info today!. This is great info to watch the Tigers Playoff drive in HD!!!!!!!!!!!

Questioner said:
TVBob? Not you too....

Okay guys! Enough is Enough!! Give the guy the benefit of a doubt. Its very well possible that this is not who you think it is! BTW: "TVBob" is another issue on another forum so lets not start that senseless bickering over here. What starts at AVSF, stays at AVSF!;)

Last edited:
This is good news, however what I am not looking forward to is someone going to watch a Red Sox game and finding out the HD broadcast is blacked out in their area.

I can see the threads now. :(

2 Steps forward, 1 step back.

Yep, and with the "screwed up" BO rules (especially MLB's) that Dish and DirecTV are required to enforce, it will be mayhem. Better make a RSN Blackout venting area. LOL with a sticky with contact info for MLB at minimum. I add the FCC and the NAB just because they help let this separatist crap continue; IMHO. Come guys its 2006, open it up to all and the the users have free choice to buy you product.

I love CSR's...

my question to them

"I read that FSN North HD is now carried by DirecTV. Am I able to get this with my HR10-250 and a 3 LNB dish or do I need the new 5 LNB dish?"

his response

"Thanks for writing. I'm sorry, but we don't carry FSN North in HD right now. However, we often add programming based on customer requests, and I have forwarded your request to DIRECTV management.

Thanks again for writing and please stay tuned to DIRECTV.com for the latest news and information about our service."

There are two FSN North's. One for Minnesota and one for Wisconsin. The Minnesota one is available, the Wisconsin one is not.

Which FSN North did you ask about?

is it just me or is the philly DMA getting screwed again....its all Comcast's doing...

so since i have the hr10-250 i wont be able to get the Dodgers in HD? that is what i understand..

rocinante67 said:
Has there been any word regarding FSNE (Fox Sports New England - which has the Boston Celtics games)?
The script that CSRs read mentions FSN New England HD for some time later on this year, but that's it.

CRendall said:
There are two FSN North's. One for Minnesota and one for Wisconsin. The Minnesota one is available, the Wisconsin one is not.

Which FSN North did you ask about?

Yes I asked about MN, I included a link on my reply and haven't heard anything yet.

I just called Comcast...

I'm in the Boston area and switched from DirecTV to Comcast a few years back because of the HD Red Sox games and their HD-DVR. I liked DirecTV's service, but wanted more HD. I consider the 2 to be fairly comparable in these areas now.

I told the CSR rep what I'm paying Comcast now for their digital service, an HD box and an HD-DVR box, and then quoted what DirecTV's price was (about $20 less/month). They wouldn't match the price. Looks like Comcast will be losing quite a few cutomers, including me.

Can't wait til Fios gets here so I can bid rid of Comcast for good.

I'm from Detroit, and the Tigers are red-hot this season. So it's great news for DirecTV customers like myself from the Detroit, Mich. market.

Anyone say anything about channel numbers?

DS0816 said:
I'm from Detroit, and the Tigers are red-hot this season. So it's great news for DirecTV customers like myself from the Detroit, Mich. market.

Anyone say anything about channel numbers?
I think there is speculation that the local RSN HD games will be on 96 or 97, I see them listed on my receiver now.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts