RSN's HD no longer to be spot beamed ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Update: NESN-HD is right now on channels 95 and 731, presenting the Boston-Kansas City game in HD as part of the MLB EI SuperFan package.

Who said NESN-HD wouldn't be carried with MLB SuperFan?

I see, but the picture is really breaking up. Looks like it is skipping frames.

Update: NESN-HD is right now on channels 95 and 731, presenting the Boston-Kansas City game in HD as part of the MLB EI SuperFan package.

Who said NESN-HD wouldn't be carried with MLB SuperFan?

Someone said it wouldn't be carried with MLB SuperFan? :rolleyes:

PQ looks great, but just the clipping or skipping of frames that is bad. Haven't seen that in other networks HD telecasts.

I thought it looked like typical D* HD-Lite(junk) myself. The Mpeg4 version isn't all that great either. It looks fuzzy and soft. I've seen then NESNHD on feeds from BEV and on the local cable company both look a lot better than D*.

I thought it looked like typical D* HD-Lite(junk) myself. The Mpeg4 version isn't all that great either. It looks fuzzy and soft. I've seen then NESNHD on feeds from BEV and on the local cable company both look a lot better than D*.

I know that a lot of people like to harp on the HD-Lite thing, but a lot of it has to do with the TV you are viewing the picture on. I know that compression plays an important part in PQ, but so does the quality of the TV you are viewing the picture on. I have two big screen Mitsubishi HDTVs, a 55" 1080i set and a 57" 1080p set. I can view the HD game on the 1080i set and it looks as you said a little fuzzy and not that crisp. When I look at the same game on the 1080p set, it is greatly improved, in the sharpness of the picture.

The other day I was at my neighbors house, he has HD via cable, his PQ falls in between my two, on his HD Samsung TV. We were using the Red Sox/Royals game, on ESPN, as a comparision. We both have MLB, but cable has no HD games, just SD, so we can't compare any MLB games, and he just got the MLB package turned on yesterday.

I know that a lot of people like to harp on the HD-Lite thing, but a lot of it has to do with the TV you are viewing the picture on. I know that compression plays an important part in PQ, but so does the quality of the TV you are viewing the picture on. I have two big screen Mitsubishi HDTVs, a 55" 1080i set and a 57" 1080p set. I can view the HD game on the 1080i set and it looks as you said a little fuzzy and not that crisp. When I look at the same game on the 1080p set, it is greatly improved, in the sharpness of the picture.

The other day I was at my neighbors house, he has HD via cable, his PQ falls in between my two, on his HD Samsung TV. We were using the Red Sox/Royals game, on ESPN, as a comparision. We both have MLB, but cable has no HD games, just SD, so we can't compare any MLB games, and he just got the MLB package turned on yesterday.

lou_do
Which Mits sets do you have? I have the 55511 and am thinking of getting the 65731 or 65732. Are you familiar with either of those two?

lou_do
Which Mits sets do you have? I have the 55511 and am thinking of getting the 65731 or 65732. Are you familiar with either of those two?

The 55" is a Mitsubishi WS-55857 (older model)
The 57" is a Mitsubishi WD-57731 (1080p)

The WD-57731 really has a great picture. Same features as the 65731, except for the size is 65" instead of 57". Carried by Best Buy.

The 55" is a Mitsubishi WS-55857 (older model)
The 57" is a Mitsubishi WD-57731 (1080p)

The WD-57731 really has a great picture. Same features as the 65731, except for the size is 65" instead of 57". Carried by Best Buy.

I hear the 732 series has better color correction. Have you had any issues with yours?

Anybody know why I can't get channel 95? The Reds are my local team but it says call ext 721

Ramy I used 41101 as my test Ashland zip code and it shows that although the Reds are your home team, that you get SD only. Have you received Reds via your RSN HD before?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 116
ramy, if you're talking about todays game, evidently, there must have been a problem with the hd feed. it was almost 1:25.....10 minutes after first pitch, before i saw the hd feed.

Ramy I used 41101 as my test Ashland zip code and it shows that although the Reds are your home team, that you get SD only. Have you received Reds via your RSN HD before?

No I have never got them before because until this season they never broadcast them in HD before.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)