RSN's HD no longer to be spot beamed ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Oops, looks like your wrong again BOB.:tux:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P1700157

Doubtful the Royals have HD.

Actually, they are showing the game as being on channel 73, which is ESPN HD. And unfortunately, that game will be blacked out in New England, so only those in the Boston area with NESN HD on DirecTV can watch the Sox in HD on opening day.

EDIT: Now I see that later on this week, the Sox and Royals are on in HD, on channel 731. I think you are right. It must be the NESN HD broadcast, since I don't believe the DirecTV even has an agreement with RSTN (Royal's network) for HD.

I hope you're right, and I hope it's a NESN HD game!

I haven't gone through this entire thread, but can someone clear this up for me?

I live in Connecticut, and get NESN, SNY, and YES as part of my regional sports networks, so I get all Red Sox, Mets, and Yankees games without MLB EI. When DirecTV showed the YES HD gamse on channel 95 in the past, I got those games. Will the MLB EI HD games be the same, or will I have to get Extra Innings in order to get the Red Sox, Yankees, and Mets HD games from EI?

Thanks.

I do think that the schedule you are referring to is a work in progress. They seem to be adding to it on a weekly basis. I don't believe that they have covered all of the RSN's etc...yet. I actually email them once in a while with additions that they put on the next day but I haven't really looked at the baseball yet.

I haven't gone through this entire thread, but can someone clear this up for me?

I live in Connecticut, and get NESN, SNY, and YES as part of my regional sports networks, so I get all Red Sox, Mets, and Yankees games without MLB EI. When DirecTV showed the YES HD gamse on channel 95 in the past, I got those games. Will the MLB EI HD games be the same, or will I have to get Extra Innings in order to get the Red Sox, Yankees, and Mets HD games from EI?

Thanks.

Anybody know about this?

Paulie, if you go to this site and put in your ZIP CODE, it will tell you what you SHOULD be getting.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P3000004

I understand what RSNs I get, and that none of my RSNs are currently available in HD in my DMA (Harford), only because they are spot beamed specifically to New York City and Boston DMAs (Hartford gets RSNs from both cities).

My question is about the HD games that will be part of the MLB EI package. Last year they did only one of these games, and most of the time it was the Yankees, on channel 95. I did not have MLB EI, but I did get those HD Yankees games for free. So what I want to know is, if a NESN HD, YES HD, or SNY HD broadcast is being carried for the MLB EI HD game, will I get it without the EI package, like last year with the Yankees?

My question is about the HD games that will be part of the MLB EI package. Last year they did only one of these games, and most of the time it was the Yankees, on channel 95. I did not have MLB EI, but I did get those HD Yankees games for free. So what I want to know is, if a NESN HD, YES HD, or SNY HD broadcast is being carried for the MLB EI HD game, will I get it without the EI package, like last year with the Yankees?

95 is just a best of channel. Last year in the summer about all that was available in HD was Yanks games. Once the other RSN's in HD got uplinked late summer the number of Yanks games went down as they mixed it up.

So do not expect a ton of Yanks games on 95, at least not the level they were last year.

If you want MLB EI games in HD then you need EI and the Superfan addon. But remember they only show about 10 HD games a week. No guarantee what games will be in HD.

I guess you can always wait a couple weeks or so and see how it goes and add EI with Superfan later on if you feel it will be worth it.

I got ya. That is a strange situation that you guys have with the NE area. I really don't understand why they can't broadcast NESN to other spot beams other than the immediate Boston area.

Here in Florida we have HD hockey and basketball telecasts from our two RSNs (FSN and Sun Sports) beamed to local spot beams to Miami/Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa and Orlando markets. Not sure about Jacksonville, as that just went up with HD locals the other day. Sure hope they get NESN HD on the Portland/Auburn, Maine beam, before I get up there this summer.

I got ya. That is a strange situation that you guys have with the NE area. I really don't understand why they can't broadcast NESN to other spot beams other than the immediate Boston area.

Here in Florida we have HD hockey and basketball telecasts from our two RSNs (FSN and Sun Sports) beamed to local spot beams to Miami/Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa and Orlando markets. Not sure about Jacksonville, as that just went up with HD locals the other day. Sure hope they get NESN HD on the Portland/Auburn, Maine beam, before I get up there this summer.

I guess the reason we don't get NESN HD in CT through the spotbeam, is because it is treated like a Boston local channel. So, since we get the Hartford locals, we cannot get NESN HD. If someone in CT "moved" to Boston (changes their service address) we magically get all the Boston HD locals, plus NESN HD. I don't think NESN HD will be available anywhere else outside of Boston until at least September, when the new satellites are lit up, and NESN HD is made CONUS.

I guess the reason we don't get NESN HD in CT through the spotbeam, is because it is treated like a Boston local channel. So, since we get the Hartford locals, we cannot get NESN HD. If someone in CT "moved" to Boston (changes their service address) we magically get all the Boston HD locals, plus NESN HD. I don't think NESN HD will be available anywhere else outside of Boston until at least September, when the new satellites are lit up, and NESN HD is made CONUS.

That's correct.....same with SNY and YES in NYC, and a couple of others.. These are full-time HD channels, not just getting games in HD on 95/96/97...

I am sure you are correct about when we will get NESN, YES, and SNY in hd here in CT. I heard the reason we don't get it now is to avoid any reception issues with people on the fringe of the spotbeam. I doubt there would be any problems, but the theory makes sense anyway.

I am sure you are correct about when we will get NESN, YES, and SNY in hd here in CT. I heard the reason we don't get it now is to avoid any reception issues with people on the fringe of the spotbeam. I doubt there would be any problems, but the theory makes sense anyway.

Raoul... I read over at DBSTalk that some people are seeing two NESNs in their guide. Are you seeing this?

I'm wondering if perhaps DirecTV has figured out how to get the HD RSNs to CT residents.

Raoul... I read over at DBSTalk that some people are seeing two NESNs in their guide. Are you seeing this?

I'm wondering if perhaps DirecTV has figured out how to get the HD RSNs to CT residents.

No I don't, but I don't have an H20 or HR20. My H20-600 was such a piece of junk that I sent it back and am using an LG3200a. No mpeg4, but it sure is stable! When D* gets the new sats up and running then I will likely get an HR20. BTW, it's Chip, Raoul is just a screen name.

I'm seeing 2 NESN's and I'm in the Burlington VT market, for now unless this turns out to more than an error. Neither is HD though.

Update: NESN-HD is right now on channels 95 and 731, presenting the Boston-Kansas City game in HD as part of the MLB EI SuperFan package.

Who said NESN-HD wouldn't be carried with MLB SuperFan?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)