RSN's HD no longer to be spot beamed ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's not what I read from the following:

Are you NOW saying you didn't say that, or that you didn't mean that, or that it all depends on "what the meaning of 'is' is."

Oh, I see... sorry to question you, Mr. Clinton... :rolleyes:

Oh, one thing more:

As you deserve all the skepticism you get, especially when it comes to...

oh, anything you say.

Obviously, I was talking about games, blackouts generally are not an issue when it comes to other types of rsn programming.

"As you deserve all the skepticism you get, especially when it comes to..."

What is your basis for this remark? Scobuck's lies?

Discussed numerous times before... More likely them passing the buck up to the "deep pockets" rather than admit their own wrong doing or their contracted company's wrong doings to make the extra dollars then blame everyone else.

NEXT.. COME ON; Give us something REAL.. Not he said, she said or people's opinions of what they THINK might be going on. Give us hard facts; concrete.. Come on, you are supposed to have numerous examples right off the top of your head, no need to search other threads and boards for possible examples.

Last edited:
"As you deserve all the skepticism you get, especially when it comes to... oh, anything you say."

Don't blame me - he is just reading and repeating and quoting YOUR B.S. I don't have to help him along believe me. This is the same stuff that got you banned and you remain banned at avs and dbstalk. All anyone has to do to confirm this is ask Earl.

Keep me out of your problems with other members.

Last edited:
Obviously, I was talking about games, blackouts generally are not an issue when it comes to other types of rsn programming.

"As you deserve all the skepticism you get, especially when it comes to..."

No, personal observation.

And with this last observation, I will cease feeding this troll:

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their
level, then beat you with experience."

I don't disagree with much of anything in your post, my only point was directv has not given any official word on this specific issue, and to assume the press release cited has anything to do with it, is a reach. The idea that directv would seek to rectify the situation in the way you propose is certainly logical, we just don't know anything for sure.

Why would D* publicly admit to a problem, when they:

1) haven't yet
2) will soon rectify it

Admitting to a problem is almost as bad as having one, in the world of corporate BS :)

Go to this page, enter your zip code and it will tell you what you are allowed to receive: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P3000004

</IMG>

Either this site isn't correct or Directv is improperly blacking me out of broadcasts.

Sorry to pull this up, from a bit ago, but I just typed in my zipcode(06776) and was shown the following...

SD: Standard Definition
HD: High Definition

With any TOTAL CHOICE® package:

FOX Sports Net New England (Ch. 620)
Boston Celtics (SD Only)

New England Revolution (SD Only)

Madison Square Garden (Ch. 621)
New York Knicks (SD Only)

New York Liberty (SD Only)

New York Rangers (SD Only)

New York Red Bulls (SD Only)

Yankee Ent. & Sports (YES) (Ch. 622)
New Jersey Nets (HD Available)

New York Yankees (HD Available)

New England Sports Network (Ch. 623)
Boston Red Sox (SD Only)

FSN New York (Ch. 624)

SportsNet New York (Ch. 625)
New York Mets (SD Only)

With any TOTAL CHOICE® Premier package or any TOTAL CHOICE® package plus SPORTS Pack, you also get:
FOX Sports Net New England (Ch. 620)
Boston Celtics (SD Only)

New England Revolution (SD Only)

Madison Square Garden (Ch. 621)
New York Knicks (SD Only)

New York Liberty (SD Only)

New York Rangers (SD Only)

Yankee Ent. & Sports (YES) (Ch. 622)
New Jersey Nets (HD Available)

New York Yankees (HD Available)

New England Sports Network (Ch. 623)
Boston Red Sox (SD Only)

FSN New York (Ch. 624)

SportsNet New York (Ch. 625)
New York Mets (SD Only)

That list encompasses just about all New York AND Boston sports. HOWEVER, I currently(I am a PREMIERE package subscriber) only get Celtics, Red Sox, Revolution, Yankees, Nets and Mets. EVERYTHING else I am blacked out on. So while it tells me I am in the home team areas of all those teams, Directv still blacks me out of most of them. I have checked MSG's website and they also confirm that I am allowed to see upto 60 Ranger games and most Knicks games, however, I have yet to NOT be blacked out of a Knicks game and only see Rangers games on MSG that are being used for Center Ice(which I subscribe to).

Something or someone isn't in sync here.

let me make this clear.....insulting and name calling will not be tolerated.....repeat, will not be tolerated. you quilty ones know who you are.

any particular reason mine says SD only when some of the games, 33 for the Reds (FSN Cincinnati or Ohio) and 40 for the Pirates (FSN Pittsburgh) are in fact broadcast in HD?

The 43209 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro team(s):

FSN Ohio (Ch. 637)
Cleveland Cavaliers (SD Only)

Columbus Blue Jackets (SD Only)

FSN Cincinnati (Ch. 638)
Cincinnati Reds (SD Only)

Columbus Crew (SD Only)

Sports Time Ohio (Ch. 657)
Cleveland Indians (SD Only)

With any TOTAL CHOICE® Premier package or any TOTAL CHOICE® package plus SPORTS Pack, you also get:
FSN Pittsburgh (Ch. 628)
Pittsburgh Pirates (SD Only)

FSN Ohio (Ch. 637)

FSN Cincinnati (Ch. 638)

Columbus Crew (SD Only)

I emailed directv about the availability of NESN HD as part of the 10 games. (some reason I think they will be f'n YES games)

Here is my email.

DIRECTV FEEDBACK MESSAGE

Name: KEN BIXLER
[Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXX]
[Phone Number: XXXXXXXXX]
Email Address: xxxxxxxxxxx@aol.com
[Topic Selected: Sports]

Details: I am interested in getting the Superfan Package for MLB extra innings. I do have a question about the HD games available. Will these include NESN Red Sox games or are they going to be mostly YES yankee games as they were in years past? I would really like to be able to see NESN HD games. Thanks You

This is the wierd response I got.

Dear Mr. Bixler ,

Thank you for writing. We’re happy excited to announce an new addition on to the baseball coverage found on DIRECTV: the MLB Extra Innings SuperFan package. This new optional add-on to the MLB Extra Innings package is available for just $39 (or two payments of $19.50).

Here’s what you’ll get when you add this to your MLB Extra Innings package:

- MLB Extra Innings HD: Watch up to 10 games each week in HD on channels 730-731.
- MLB Extra Innings Game Mix: See up to eight games on one screen on channel 732.
- MLB Extra Innings Strike Zone Channel: Takes you to available live games to see the best plays as they happen on channel 733.

In regard to the NESN in HD, it is on channel 623 or 64 for Boston Red Sox. The YES Network is available on channel 622 or 42 for New York Yankees.

Some SuperFan features require an interactive receiver and blackout rules do will apply. For more information and to order MLB Extra Innings SuperFan visit our web site at directv.com/mlb.

Sincerely,

Mishy
employee#: 100148842
DIRECTV Customer Service

No waiting. No hold times. Register online at directv.com or use our automated phone system to pay your bills, change services, get technical assistance and much more! Our automated systems are easy to use and you'll avoid most transaction fees.

Channel: 623 (24/7 network in HD).
Games: MLB – Boston Red Sox (64), NHL – Boston Bruins (65).

Channels: 622 (24/7 network in HD).
Games: MLB – New York Yankees (42), New Jersey Nets (75).

any particular reason mine says SD only when some of the games, 33 for the Reds (FSN Cincinnati or Ohio) and 40 for the Pirates (FSN Pittsburgh) are in fact broadcast in HD?

The 43209 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro team(s):

FSN Ohio (Ch. 637)

FSN Cincinnati (Ch. 638)

Columbus Crew (SD Only)

FSN Pittsburgh (Ch. 628)
Pittsburgh Pirates (SD Only)

FSN Ohio (Ch. 637)

FSN Cincinnati (Ch. 638)

Columbus Crew (SD Only)

Right now the HD versions of the RSN channels are available on 96 or 97 for games only, full time for a few like YES and Comcast Chicago. Anyway, they are also only on spotbeams for those markets. The Columbus spotbeam doesn't carry an RSN in HD from what I can tell. Thus why it's not listed for you.

See here: http://www.dbstalk.com/hr20/html/DIRECTV_lil_list.html

Looks to me that of the big 3 cities in Ohio only Cleveland has any HD RSN feeds on it's spotbeam. Cinci and Columbus are out of luck.

This should change once the new sats are up and they can put the HD RSN channels on national beams instead of spotbeams.

I emailed directv about the availability of NESN HD as part of the 10 games. (some reason I think they will be f'n YES games)

If they do the MLB HD games like they do the NHL, they will mix them up, from all of the available HD games. We get a good variety with the NHL package. If your local team(s) has games in HD, they should show up on 96 or other 90's stations.

...because the D* site is pure garbage? It's been messing up my RSN HD results since inception.

It gives me "HD Available" for 2 local hockey teams, when they're most certainly not available due to being owned by cable crooks (Cablevision).

What's better is that it only gives "SD Available" for the 2 local basketball teams and the other hockey team, even though they share the same networks.

They recently fixed YES to show "HD available" (only took months).

SNY (Mets) is still only showing SD, even though it's now HD full time!

Long story short, don't trust that site.

Of course his issue is simple: There aren't any HD RSN's available on his Spotbeam with his HD locals.

As for the site, they say I have HD Red Wings available to me as well but I know that FSN-Detroit HD is only available with the Detroit HD locals on the Detroit spotbeam thus I don't get it yet as it's not on my spotbeam with my HD locals in the Grand Rapids market. Sure the Detroit spot does cover my city but it's authorized as a "package" with the HD locals, Detroit in this case. If I "moved" I'd get it but I just don't feel like doing that again.

What this tells me though is that once FSN-Detroit HD goes on the national beam is that I will get it in HD in my market (which makes since since FSN-Detroit is my sport channel anyway).

If they do the MLB HD games like they do the NHL, they will mix them up, from all of the available HD games. We get a good variety with the NHL package. If your local team(s) has games in HD, they should show up on 96 or other 90's stations.

They should, but they didn't last year with extra innings, so I wouldn't say it's a sure thing there will be any better variety this year. The NHL doesn't have a single team that brings in the ratings like the Yankees.

Since this years MLB HD offering is not FREE (included with MLB EI), I would venture a guess that the offering will be a lot more diverse - it is a PAID subscription service with 2 channels (730 and 731 I believe). Last year, the games shown in HD for national consumption were on channel 95 and were offered WITHOUT any fanfare, advertisement, promise, etc. Similar to two seasons ago, when the Yankee games just started showing up on channel 95 without nary a mention anywhere from DirecTV.

Since this years MLB HD offering is not FREE (included with MLB EI), I would venture a guess that the offering will be a lot more diverse - it is a PAID subscription service with 2 channels (730 and 731 I believe). Last year, the games shown in HD for national consumption were on channel 95 and were offered WITHOUT any fanfare, advertisement, promise, etc. Similar to two seasons ago, when the Yankee games just started showing up on channel 95 without nary a mention anywhere from DirecTV.

Nary a mention? I had a csr tell me they weren't there, and I was watching the game on channel 95 at the time!

They should, but they didn't last year with extra innings, so I wouldn't say it's a sure thing there will be any better variety this year. The NHL doesn't have a single team that brings in the ratings like the Yankees.

Right, lots of people watch the Yankees games for two reasons.
1. They are Yankee fans.
2. Their favorite team is, "Who Ever Is Playing The Yankees Today".

Looking forward to seeing games in HD. Been traveling around to different games, here in Florida, during spring training, enjoying every minute of it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.