RSN's HD no longer to be spot beamed ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nary a mention? I had a csr tell me they weren't there, and I was watching the game on channel 95 at the time!

Well - exactly (I had the same thing happen BTW). I'm alluding to the fact that there was NO MENTION - if you didn't happen to be on the forums or trip up against it you would NEVER have known.

Right, lots of people watch the Yankees games for two reasons.
1. They are Yankee fans.
2. Their favorite team is, "Who Ever Is Playing The Yankees Today".

Looking forward to seeing games in HD. Been traveling around to different games, here in Florida, during spring training, enjoying every minute of it.

very cute - and also very true. :hatsoff:

Right, lots of people watch the Yankees games for two reasons.
1. They are Yankee fans.
2. Their favorite team is, "Who Ever Is Playing The Yankees Today".

Looking forward to seeing games in HD. Been traveling around to different games, here in Florida, during spring training, enjoying every minute of it.

Well, there are other teams directv would benefit by offering in hd, especially the red sox, but for whatever reason they didn't last year, and my sources are indicating it's not likely to see nesn hd games with the superfan package unfortunately.

Maybe its my ignorance but do all MLB teams broadcast their games in HD?

I would have to research it, but I doubt it, a good percentage do now though, the fact that some teams have several cable and OTA channels that carry games complicates things. Some still do not broadcast all road games in hd for instance. However, if you consider that one game may be on two or more rsn networks, that increases the chances that there will be one rsn in hd carrying it somewhere.

Right, we were both talking about national hd channels and not local rsns.

73 and 72 are not part of the superfan package.

Like last year, there should be a decent amount of red sox games in hd for out of market viewers, especially with fox having more games in hd, just not through nesn hd.

I would have to research it, but I doubt it, a good percentage do now though, the fact that some teams have several cable and OTA channels that carry games complicates things. Some still do not broadcast all road games in hd for instance. However, if you consider that one game may be on two or more rsn networks, that increases the chances that there will be one rsn in hd carrying it somewhere.

What I am getting at is if many teams arent shown in HD then you wont get the same mix that NHL package has.

What I am getting at is if many teams arent shown in HD then you wont get the same mix that NHL package has.

I wouldn't say many.....are there really that many more nhl rsns in hd than ones that carry mlb?

With the links you posted, it's still not certain no orioles or nationals game will be in hd, and the other link it says 30 TB games in hd. In fact, TB was on channel 95 a decent amount last season in hd with their rsn.

One thing I don't understand -- I'm in the CSN Chicago RSN area, however, I won't get the HD version.. What?!

One thing I don't understand -- I'm in the CSN Chicago RSN area, however, I won't get the HD version.. What?!

If you are in the Chicago DMA, have a 5-lnb dish and the H20 or HR20, and receive the Chicago HD locals, you get the HD version.

...and yes, it makes ZERO sense, before you ask :)

The theory I heard was that D* doesn't want any reception issues with people at the edge of the spotbeams, but as you know many people have "moved" with no reception problems.

Well, there are other teams directv would benefit by offering in hd, especially the red sox, but for whatever reason they didn't last year, and my sources are indicating it's not likely to see nesn hd games with the superfan package unfortunately.

Are these the same sources that told you that NESN would not be on DIRECTV at all? :rolleyes: Give me a break BOB!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)