RTN Turn Around Scrambled?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My G-18 says scrambled or bad channel. The AMC 9 feeds E & W feeds are fine, booming in :)

Probably just a weak signal. Receivers will say "Scrambled or Bad Channel" when the signal gets to weak or maybe a flock of birds, or a B-52 flew through your path? Sometimes if you channel up or down, the signal will come back. Or you can try going to another satellite and coming back.
I'm sure it's not scrambled...!!

Probably just a weak signal. Receivers will say "Scrambled or Bad Channel" when the signal gets to weak or maybe a flock of birds, or a B-52 flew through your path? Sometimes if you channel up or down, the signal will come back. Or you can try going to another satellite and coming back.
I'm sure it's not scrambled...!!

Signal 77 Quality 73 LOCKED! No picture or sound maybe the Pids changed or a problem with Equity. Not really important to me as long as AMC 9 stays up and running.

I just checked what I have as KBZT on G18 and 12111 V 4340, 201/202/201 is saying "No Audio/Video Data", but it's showing an 80% quality. I gues RTN told Equity to take it off? That is if it's an Equity channel? Could be it's an RTN Transponder and they decided they no longer need RTN, at that location?
Who knows....?
But, it's not saying Scrambled on my receiver....

What's the method? since it doesn't seem to be zero key...

Just checked on each box, both had their "scrambled" icon lit within a second.

DVR-1100c: Scrambled icon lit up after a few seconds
Coolsat 5000: Scambled (Unknown CAS)

Usually PowerVu and PowerVu+ comes up as some kind of known CAS, so this is odd.

Signal 77 Quality 73 LOCKED! No picture or sound maybe the Pids changed or a problem with Equity. Not really important to me as long as AMC 9 stays up and running.
I watch AMC3 C-Band, you could be right about the PID's, they could have changed. Like you I'm not really interested, maybe someone will do a re-scan, and keep us informed? I'm heading back to AMC3 and "Emergency", as that's what I was watching, as well....

Glad they boosted AMC 9's juice up over the weekend, thats working fine. All you guys not pointed at AMC 9 break out the wrenches, it's the fun of the hobby :)

I watch AMC3 C-Band, you could be right about the PID's, they could have changed. Like you I'm not really interested, maybe someone will do a re-scan, and keep us informed? I'm heading back to AMC3 and "Emergency", as that's what I was watching, as well....
Just did an Auto scan, no luck on any pid updates

Just did a rescan showing same pids with a $ CA sign. Must have encrypted.

could you post the settings you are using for amc3 cband?

Thanks
Need a mod to merge this thread and http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/162202-amc-9-rtn.html

duplicating any way

DUPLICATE POST
=============================================
11735 H 4430

aw heck it shouldn't be that far down

Old thread labeled AMC 9 (i think) and had the info on page 2.

Theads I found:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air...help-amc9.html
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air...ml#post1648570 They speculate and fine tune the frequency starting here

Last edited:
Someone pushed the button and enabled encryption on the Tanberg encoder by mistake or they changed programming.

I hoped the dreaded "scrambled or bad channel" message would never come up for RTN. They never seemed to mind that we all watched and Gary even gave out the info here.

In light of recent events, I can't help but wonder if the final remaining RTN feed on G18 was on a Equity paid TP. Perhaps they cut it off not Luken?

Time to swing my Dad's dish over to AMC9, he misses the programming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)