RTN11 Programing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Larry,

I am not sure about this, but I am know Iceberg will know for sure, but I think WNGS has different programing for it's local broadcast than it does for the satellite broadcast. I know WGN does this. Last night while I was watching the Yankee game they were showing the RTN 11 logo on the screen, but when they went to brake they would say "This is WNGS channel 67, Buffalo/Springville." I am only assuming this.

I watch RTN daily and have never seen Mannix and The Fugative. I do hope they change their lineup, because I am getting tired of Hawaii 5-O and Perry Mason among others.

I watch RTN daily and have never seen Mannix and The Fugative. I do hope they change their lineup, because I am getting tired of Hawaii 5-O and Perry Mason among others.

Between RTN, Tv Land, American Life Tv, and Me-Tv (a local old affiliate with old shows). I get just about everything.

It appears as though WNGS shares programming with WKBW, which is also an ABC station. I notice that the different RTN channels have some unique programs. Such as KCBU carries the original Twilight Zone on Saturday night.

When I first tuned in several years ago, it seemed like Gomer Pyle and My Three Sons and the Brady Bunch were all they had.

Now if they would bring back Adam 12, Dragnet or Emergency I would love it.

Jim..its the same channel...The RTN11 logo is because in Buffalo its on cable 11
67 is the OTA channel and legally they have to ID that. In larger cities they seem to do that alot (ID mainly the cable channel). Here in Minneapolis we have that. KSTC 45 cut a deal with the main cable companies in a 50 mile area and they are on cable 12 so when they show commercials it says "KSTC 45 Cable 12"

Equity owns the station but has an agreement with the owners of the ABC station (Granite Broadcasting). Equity owns it but Granite kinda runs it. Thats why you'll see Channel 7 WKBW commercials (and come fall replays of Bills games...WKBW has the rights to the preseason games). They even have WNGS on WKBW's digital subchannel (7-2).

But back to the original question, I havent seen some of those shows on there yet. But yes RTN does have different shows on different stations (that's why we have the best of all...we can see all of them) :)

Come on there popcorn, we havent seen half the perry masons yet!! They just started filling in the eps they skipped in season 2 last week. I do wish they would come up with more new old series too, though.

KCBU carries the original Twilight Zone on Saturday night.

I caught the episodes that were on last night. Hopefully these play for some time. The RTN web site needs some improvement as it is lacking greatly. Hopefully, more of the old shows will come to air soon.

Adam 12 and Emergency - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
For some reason, this made me think about:
Car 54................... Where Are You!!!!!

But Larry, I know you're thinking more in line with your work:
One Adam 12..., One Adam 12, we have a 2-11 in progress at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...... please respond code 3....

Al

or maybe:
Rampart General, we have a male, aproximately 33 years old with severe laserations to his head and throat, ready to send EKG now..... please respond.....

WNGS is a bit odd in it's programming... I think somedays titan tv's listings of stuff on it and some of the others is a bit off. Usually, I can count on titan tv to be right on the lineups for WGMU, KKTU, and WMQF... and some of the others, but in the past, I think WNGS has been a bit off for me... in part maybe because I had some old scanned in info and they moved around tps a bit...

Anyways, for my movie recording needs on the PVR in the usb world box, WGMU, WMQF and KKTU are the bomb. I just record those suckers, come back after a while and edit out the commercials with digital vcr program, create some dvd folders with winavi and then head over to nero to burn to dvd... awesome setup. I just wish there was a way to update the codec that nextorm uses (dvb dream's recordings burn too much ram on my computer or else I'd use that... nextorm works fine for the most part, just on outdated codec that's a bit faded in places sometimes)...

I really like the fact that some of the movies are staggered, so they might play on one channel at 10 and on another at 11 or 12... that way if you do miss something or forget to set your pvr by having something else up and going on computer when the weekly movie starts and you don't pay attention to the time, you can be ok by just setting up a one time recording for the later movie on the other channel...

Too bad they took Kojak off the air...................Now at 6pm I watch Lou Dobbs on CNN.............7pm its Combat....but wish someone would get the Untouchables.....JT

Thanks Voomvoom, I have about everything but a dd11 unit, I think I'll just buy the dvds:(

I know its one of the things I miss about dishnet. But I'll take my rtn now:D

Come on there popcorn, we havent seen half the perry masons yet!! They just started filling in the eps they skipped in season 2 last week. I do wish they would come up with more new old series too, though.

I like the Matlock episodes which I guess is like a more modern day Perry Mason which I have never watched.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mannix again or how about the old "it takes a thief".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)