RTP International/Portugal AMC4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PSB

On vacation
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
RTP International from Portugal is now on AMC-4, I wonder if they remember The Lisbon Lions 1967? Another great FTA channel, I used to watch this channel in Europe, hope to see a lot of soccer here : )

Frequency: 12169
Symbol Rate: 3003
Polarity: Horizontal

I am getting 40% signal quality, much the same as The Peoples Network and most of the others on AMC-4, but thats on the ST3618 and a Universal LNB, I am sure it would be around 70% with my low noise standard Ku LNB, on my BEC 2000 the quality is at 60% with the same Universal LNB. I am getting a bit fed up with this low quality Universal LNB I think I will change to the standard, all I get extra with the Universal is Cubavision, but it brings all my other signals way down!

Universal LNB Lower Quality?

PSB said:
I am getting 40% signal quality, much the same as The Peoples Network and most of the others on AMC-4, but thats on the ST3618 and a Universal LNB, I am sure it would be around 70% with my low noise standard Ku LNB, on my BEC 2000 the quality is at 60% with the same Universal LNB. I am getting a bit fed up with this low quality Universal LNB I think I will change to the standard, all I get extra with the Universal is Cubavision, but it brings all my other signals way down!

I don't think it's correct to infer that the Universal LNBs are inferior to standard LNBs. I have two Big Sat International Universal LNBs on two mediocre HotDish75 antennas and get the following readings on AMC-4:
TP1 86% SS/64% SQ
TP2 85% SS/48% SQ
TP4 85% SS/89% SQ (that's not a typo)
TP5 85% SS/74% SQ
TP7 85% SS/61% SQ

All numbers are from a PANSAT 2000V going through about 60ft of Belden 1694A RG6, a 2X1 DiSEqC switch, and a TrippLite ISOBAR 5 DBS Surge Suppressor. The previous FORTEC Universal LNBFs had SQ readings about 10% less. Got the Big Sats on Ebay for $14.50 each but the S&H from Austria ran about $20. The NF is only .3db which accounts for the improvement in SQ.

Of course I can only comment on my own results, I have two or three universal LNB so it may be just the one I had on, the brand is Eurostar ESKD-P8 .5db designed in the USA, I will swap them out some time soon, and give them another try, thanks for the data.

Anyone having problems with RTP International? I put it down to me swapping out my LNB but the quality has been all over the place, we have also had a lot of rain but I have seen reports of other people with the same problem, I wonder if it is a problem with AMC-4 as I have also been having trouble with "The Peoples Network".

Initially RTPi had some problems with their AMC4 feed. As far as signal quality and signal strength go, these are not exact measurements. They are not d.b., volts, pounds, s measurement, but an arbitrary figure that can be used to compare signals with the same receivers. Case in point, the BEC 6600+ receiver typically shows a quality signal of 98 on a good signal, the BEC 1000 would show the same feed as about 70%. The First RCA DirecTV receivers showed a good signal at 50 %, RCA then raised it to 70% or more. Dish receivers read up to 100% initially, now they read up to a maximum of 125%. In other words, don't use quality of signal as a way to compare different receiver models and brands!

I have heard that on the new Pansat FTA's it will actually cause the unit to freeze up and power down on RTP? Has anyone else heard of this problem?

Pansat 2000A

red hazard said:
I don't think it's correct to infer that the Universal LNBs are inferior to standard LNBs. I have two Big Sat International Universal LNBs on two mediocre HotDish75 antennas and get the following readings on AMC-4:
TP1 86% SS/64% SQ
TP2 85% SS/48% SQ
TP4 85% SS/89% SQ (that's not a typo)
TP5 85% SS/74% SQ
TP7 85% SS/61% SQ

All numbers are from a PANSAT 2000V going through about 60ft of Belden 1694A RG6, a 2X1 DiSEqC switch, and a TrippLite ISOBAR 5 DBS Surge Suppressor. The previous FORTEC Universal LNBFs had SQ readings about 10% less. Got the Big Sats on Ebay for $14.50 each but the S&H from Austria ran about $20. The NF is only .3db which accounts for the improvement in SQ.

I bought a Pansat 2000A off of flebay ( has not arrived yet ) .

Can anyone give me any info on , utilities . manuals , etc. ? Please ?

Thanks,
Wyr
WyrTwister@37.com

The word I removed can be construed as a hacking process and as we should all know by now that this is NOT what this forum is about, soon there will be no more channels to steal for free so may as well use the box for 100% legal FTA channels!

New to FTA

I just bought a Samsung DSR 3800 with the SG2100 H-H motor and Wineguard 76cm dish.

I mainly got it to recieve RTPi on AMC4 (12169, 3003, 3/4, Horiz). I'm able to get stations on AMC4, but can not get RTPi. Is anyone recieving it?

Also I find the manual for the recieve is not clear. Does anyone have more information or know of websites that I can get more information on it.

Thanks,
Virgil

New to FTA

I don't think Samsung DSR 3800 has blind search. But it has an auto scan mode were you tell it what satellites you want to scan and it scans them.

What size dish do you have Peter?

75cm/30" dish, sounds like the DSR 3800 just scans the transponders, there is so much more that is never listed, but you are going to have a lot of fun with it, its a Great brand name most of the standard DirecTV systems I install are Samsung.

Blind search MPEG2 recievers

The people who are getting RPTi on AMC4, what brand name and model number reciever are you using?

I finally got RPTi on my Samsung DSR 3800, but found that I had to use freq. 12170 instead of 12169 to get it. Has any one else run into this problem?

Virgil Gomes said:
The people who are getting RPTi on AMC4, what brand name and model number reciever are you using?

I finally got RPTi on my Samsung DSR 3800, but found that I had to use freq. 12170 instead of 12169 to get it. Has any one else run into this problem?

Some receivers the frequency may be off bt 1 or 2...thats fine.

I'm using a stock Pansat 1500 (see my signature)

There is stuff that I can program into the Vistar and get nothing, but if I go 1-2 up or down then it works (KUIL on AMC6 was notorious for that)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)