RTV AMC-9 Quality way up

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm convinced now, also, that something is improved. Just checked the level on the Merc2, 1m dish and is showing 88/64, last time I checked with this receiver it was only hitting quality of about 34 ! I'll take it.

Well I couldn't get it this summer when I tried as I am competing with a tree for this sat. Just moved my 1.2 over there and now can get it with 70% on the coolsat 6000. Looks like I need to add another dish to the farm now. Good for RTV, glad they made the improvement.

I checked on my motorized unit

It used to be on my motorized unit RTV would show around 20% on a HD SV-8000 which was not really good enough to watch. (I could watch it sometimes).

Now I'm getting solid 47% Q on both RTV East and West. No pixilation at all.

This is great because this is by far my favorite. :up

Sure hope it stays this way!

The cold weather theory is out. The temps peaked today in Florida in the mid-70's. at the uplink site. We will get temp in the next two days hovering in 30's at night , but the high signal level remained even though the temps climbed today.

I just realized I didn't thank TVRPRO for bringing this to our attention. THANK YOU TVRPRO! :up:)

Not a problem. Glad I can help all the Great Satellite Guys out. At first when I checked and saw my signal was so high I thought the meter went bonkers on my Pansat. I checked other channels and they were normal. It was one in the morning and I should have been sleeping. Instead I took a picture of my meter and posted it right away to Sat Guys to get the word out.

I will be watching more RTN now during bad weather :)

Signal has definitely improved.

90cm Fortec
Invacom lnb.
Pansat 250.
Vs Max.

Pansat is showing 73% quality where it was only at about 53% and the vs is showing 65% where it was only at 50%.

I am Sofa King Wetahdid !! lol

DOH!

I haven't seen RTV for 3 or 4 months now, I used to get it in at about 30-40% strength, until it vanished on me.

I've been adding and editing TPs ever since, without any joy.

Today, I did blind-scans at 85w and 83w (as I had them labeled in my CS7000). Both scans produced identical results, now THAT is what finally lit up the big light in my damned fool head!

I had somehow, at some point in time, panned my dish (90cm offset/Stab HH90) to 85w, thinking I was seeing 83w, and renamed it as "AMC9", DUH!

I moved the dish 2 degs toward the East, and WHAM!, the green bars light up big-time!

I peaked-in the signal, stored the position, and deleted all channels for what I thought was 83w, then started a new blind scan, resulting in only 1 channel found (NBC NC Path 5), I then resorted to a manual scan at TP 11735H, 04440 SR, and BINGO, I've got my RTV back, and hitting me at 75% Q!

I'm rather curious to see if they've changed the line-up any, since I've last had the signal.

Awesome!, a small thorn has been removed from my side!
I must be more careful in the future, with my blunderings, confidence and complacency!

Thanks for listening, and HAPPY 2010 from Wawa, Ontario CA.

P.S. Can someone please tell me which "affiliate stations"[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif] to select (on the RTV website) in order to view the proper scheduling for their two channels that come from AMC9 ? Thanks again.
[/FONT]

Now that everyone is getting RTV, here is the schedule for the 1 st Quarter 2010.
The times listed is Eastern Time Zone. If you miss a program you can view it on RTV West 3 hours later than the RTV East feed.

Attachments

• RTV-National.pdf
    192.9 KB · Views: 297
RTV AMC9 Quality Way Up

Gordon, besides deleting the tps and channels from AMC9 and starting again, I'm out of ideas. I have not ever tried 'slaving' one receiver off another one, though I've thought about it, so I really don't feel qualified to speculate on that possibly being a problem. If you're getting those NBC bars strongly, seems like you should get any other channels there too, especially since they've seemed to raise the power levels on RTV. I guess I'd probably leave the 4DTV out and try running the lnb-ku line direct to the 9200. (if you haven't already tried that). *one other thing I noted in playing with c/ku lnbs , when they work-they seem to work well. But I never had one last very long, I wear mine out feed-hunting, and found that a separate offset ku dish is a much more reliable system for my uses.

Dear TURBOSAT,

This is my second try with this message, so I hope I succeed in transmitting it.

Your suggestions, and the reports from other members, worked well. I keyed in Lyngsat's numbers and moved the dish a tad to the east. Bingo!

Thanks a lot to you and to the other members. You folks were wonderful. Well, you still are, of course, but you know what I mean.

Gordon

35% down in St Pete has jumped up to 75% as of my checking last night. Wanted to make a post of it myself, but figured it wasn't that big of a deal. :)

RTV AMC-9 Quality way up/PART II

Early last summer I was receiving RTV, AMC-9 @ 83,with a Q-35%, then it disappeared. I could not find it until maybe last week. It had a new STRONG Q-75%, but tonight I lost it again. Did a search for it, Blind scan, and more searching for 11735H444. Finally I found it, tuned it up the best I could but only to get a weak pixelated Q-29. I also receive signal on a different position. Last week it was on position 1020 of my G-box, now it is on position 992. None of the other Sats have suffered changes, they are all on their original positioning. Is someone else having the same type of problem that I am having?

By the way I have a 6 feet dish antenna.

Last edited:
RTV is still booming in here fine and at the same sat postion/freq/sr.

Do you have anything like a tree branch that could be in the way? Is there anyway you can fine tune where the dish is pointing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.