RTV AMC-9 Quality way up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Did something change with RTV? I've never seen the Quality on AMC 9 so high ever. Im peaking out as high as 89 on the Pansat's tight meter :eek: Averaging high 70's to mid 80's.

This could be a nice New Years present if it lasts. :D

Attachments

• RTV-HQ.jpg
    RTV-HQ.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 272
Did something change with RTV? I've never seen the Quality on AMC 9 so high ever. Im peaking out as high as 89 on the Pansat's tight meter :eek: Averaging high 70's to mid 80's.

This could be a nice New Years present if it lasts. :D

I have the same pansat signals you have in WI. This is with an offset ku lnb on a c-band dish, so i never get full signal. high is 83% low 71%

Give us a signal report

Just checked this morning showing as high as 90 Q and it's snowing outside with 80% of the dish covered in snow :eek:. This is on my Primestar 90cm using the stock NJR LNB and the Pansat 2700A (tight meter). Normally I got around 45 it would peak to 53 every once in a while on a good day. Since i4tas is in Wisconsin and I'm in Illinois and we both see and increase in the same area, I wonder if they did something with the satellite footprint?

Guys, give your signal report. Tell us your location, receiver and dish size. Let's see if theres a pattern forming for any specific area's of the U.S. and Canada.

Last edited:
Guys, give your signal report. Tell us your location, receiver and dish size. Let's see if theres a pattern forming for any specific area's of the U.S. and Canada.

I only checked on one of my setups but the signal is definitely stronger here right now.

SW Missouri, U.S.A.
Coolsat 6000 (.004 fw)
Fortec .9m/STAB HH90/Inv. Quad
Cloudy, flurries, 5 degrees
75%-76% SQ

On this setup I typically see about 69%-70% SQ.

Maybe I should buy some snow and throw it on my dish! ;) It might actually stay there for a couple of days, as we're going to be having lows in the low 20s (very unusual for New Orleans)...

Maybe I should buy some snow and throw it on my dish! ;) It might actually stay there for a couple of days, as we're going to be having lows in the low 20s (very unusual for New Orleans)...

No need to buy it, you can have all mine for nothing!! You just gotta pay the shipping. :D

How much you want Tron? Were suppose to get 10-12 inches today. :(
Time to move way south for the winter.

Attachments

• snow1.JPG
    snow1.JPG
    442.6 KB · Views: 232
  • snow2.JPG
    snow2.JPG
    449.4 KB · Views: 230
It is up way high for me too! Normal is 40% it is running 70 % now!

No snow here is south central Texas! So it is not the snow ;)

From Northeast Ohio-My best picture quality for RTV has been 30-35 on the Fortec Star Dynamic Receiver-Now its 58-68-Definitely an improvement here..

No need to buy it, you can have all mine for nothing!! You just gotta pay the shipping. :D

How much you want Tron? Were suppose to get 10-12 inches today. :(
Time to move way south for the winter.

Thanks for the offers, guys! I'll have to be sure to throw the snow at night under cover of darkness. The neighbors already think I'm crazy, and I'd have to answer too many awkward questions... :D

I am not selling my snow. We still need another foot of snow to get the snowmobile trails in good condition. Let it snow!

Signal quality is now 95 on RTV 11735 transponder on AMC9 with Conaxsat Mini, Winegard 31-inch/76cm dish, 100+ feet RG-6 through a 4X1 Diseqc switch and a 2x1 SW21.

This is an improvement of 20 points or so.

North Central Idaho location.

79 quality on Coolsat 5000 here in MN

36" dish...normally at 70

lets see today is the 7th.....they must have got their check a couple days ago and paid the power bill :p

The RTV signal is way up here in Colorado. My Coolsat 7000 typically shows about 31 quality with clear weather at uplink/downlink locations. This morning (at -5°F and some snow on the dish) it showed 76 quality.

Mid 70's here (light covering of freezing rain on half the dish) on my Pansat on the 75e dish. Highest previously 45, but normal reading is around 30. Thought my meter had gone wacky when I first saw it! Hope it stays.

I took my 18" dish that was on 72W and swung it around (I already had the pole marked for 74W and 79W too, and the elevation difference is less than a degree here) and got RTV locked on the first try without changing the skew. My Coolsat 7000 misses it on blind scan, but if I put it in manually I get S87 and Q22, with only an occasional breakup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)