RTV dropping stations?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

surfster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2010
buffalo ny
Is RTV still on AMC9 ku? I turned to 2.3; I saw color bars and RTV NO LONGER CARRIED ON THIS STATION WGRZ 2-3 Buffalo.

Yes its still on 83W

per the wiki (take it for what its worth)
The 2.3 channel was removed in September 2011 with no replacement in order to provide better picture quality to both Universal Sports 2.2 and the main WGRZ signal; the DT3 signal had never gained significant cable carriage and by that time, much of the programming was being duplicated by WBBZ-TV

If you use an OTA antenna WNGS (now WBBZ I think) has MeTV and ThisTV
67 but RF channel 7
I have trouble picking up THIS and ME on WNGS; should come in after the leaves fall thats when I need my TV fix.
On another note I see this was taken off cable and replaced with ME.
I haven't watched much RTV after they changed the programming and soon after that ME came to Buffalo. It looks like RTV is writing its own death sentence.

The 2.3 channel was removed in September 2011 with no replacement in order to provide better picture quality to both Universal Sports 2.2 and the main WGRZ signal

The Universal Sports is to become a cable only channel by January 1st 2012, so there goes another channel.

I have trouble picking up THIS and ME on WNGS

MeTV is also coming to Rochester on channel 10 WHEC (sub channel 10-2).
WBBZ (formerly WNGS) should come in for you with a good VHF-Hi antenna. They are on VHF actual ch 7 and not UHF. Even I receive WBBZ sporatically and I'm a huge distance away. What do you have for an antenna?
I am using a home made one based on the design from here:
Hi-VHF 10-El Yagi - Lorkoe's Antique
Making/using custom channel-cut yagis for UHF/VHF TV - Page 14 - Digital Forum

MeTV is also coming to Rochester on channel 10 WHEC (sub channel 10-2).
WBBZ (formerly WNGS) should come in for you with a good VHF-Hi antenna. They are on VHF actual ch 7 and not UHF. Even I receive WBBZ sporatically and I'm a huge distance away. What do you have for an antenna?
I am using a home made one based on the design from here:
Hi-VHF 10-El Yagi - Lorkoe's Antique
Making/using custom channel-cut yagis for UHF/VHF TV - Page 14 - Digital Forum
Thanks Larry but I have an HD antenna 12 feet above my roof. I live 30 miles fron Buffalo and 60 mile from Erie PA. I get all the othe Buffalo channels and I did pick up METV/TGIS its 1st day; she would kill me if I lost her favorite channels to get ME : (

Now that my 6ft dish is in the ground I can use my portable basketball poll for an old house antenna; with a 10dB booster I now get Me and THIS.
Need new AB switch; missing a lot of other channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)