Openbox S9 recorded playback

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Hello I recorded "I heart radio" last night on my FAT 32 harddrive, is there any windows program that will play the recorded video & audio back on my computer from the original file recorded file off the hdd? Windows media player won't play it. Thanks, Chad:confused:

If it's a .dvr file, you need to convert it to a .ts file. Look up "Ariva A200 TS Tool". Run it with your hard drive connected to the computer and select the files on the hard drive; if you copy them off somewhere else it won't be able to find them because it's looking for the PVR's directory structure. After you convert them, Windows 7 should play them natively. If you have a different OS, get VLC from VideoLAN - VLC: Official site - Free multimedia solutions for all OS!

I don't keep up with the firmware nor the differences between S9 / S10 / Manhattan.
But, didn't one of 'em have a firmware update to dispense with the queer recording format?
Thought they now recorded in some manner that was directly playable with VLC??

Yes, recent versions of both the S9 and S10 firmware (I have no idea about the Manhattan) allow you to record as .ts or .mpg.

Windows media player can open TS files... Just click the file & choose the program. There are several programs that can convert the file as well to make it more universal, but keep a backup because it might not play on your openbox any more

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)