Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
It's time for another SatelliteGuys Rumor Alert...

It appears that THREE new HD channels will be uplinked to DIRECTV by the end of the week. No word however when or if those channels will become available to customers.

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys members. :D

Please let it be El Rey and PopTV, i want those two in HD bad right now to see TNA Wrestling and Lucha Underground in HD

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

Reactions: JerryVolunteer
I hope one will be Esquire. Esquire is show old reruns of Airwolf and Knight Rider. I wonder if those were shot on film and would be shown in 16x9 HD like the Dukes of Hazzard was when CMT had them in HD?

Also when will DTV get all of the UVerseTV channels that are in HD?

I hope one will be Esquire. Esquire is show old reruns of Airwolf and Knight Rider. I wonder if those were shot on film and would be shown in 16x9 HD like the Dukes of Hazzard was when CMT had them in HD?

Esquire HD isn't that much to brag about. The quality (on dish at least) is very soft even on movies and shows recorded in HD. And I hate to burst your bubble, but any of the classic universal shows I've seen on the network (magnum pi, Miami vice, knight rider, a team, etc) are all crappy '80s (probably for syndication) telecines. The DVDs frankly look better.

One would think that directv would have added GSN in HD MUCH sooner than they have, considering they own nearly half of the network. Frankly I hope they add AHC, it's sort of like what history channel used to be

FM, One World Sport & ?
Why add
Esquire HD isn't that much to brag about. The quality (on dish at least) is very soft even on movies and shows recorded in HD. And I hate to burst your bubble, but any of the classic universal shows I've seen on the network (magnum pi, Miami vice, knight rider, a team, etc) are all crappy '80s (probably for syndication) telecines. The DVDs frankly look better.

One would think that directv would have added GSN in HD MUCH sooner than they have, considering they own nearly half of the network. Frankly I hope they add AHC, it's sort of like what history channel used to be
Hey those are cool shows I watched during their first runs., except I didn't watch Miami Vice.

Hey those are cool shows I watched during their first runs., except I didn't watch Miami Vice.

I was referring to the video quality as crappy. The shows are great. I think they use tapes from when they scanned the film in the 1980s (for syndication). Blurry picture, very dull colors, muddled sound. It was disappointing to see as some of the shows have been on Netflix in HD already.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts