Rumor NO MORE!, SpeedHD, FX HD & More THIS WEEK! (NOW LIVE)

As an HD only sub, I am missing out.

Plus, I would be rather surprised that IFC and AMC didn't have a fair amount of HD. Surely the former could improve a lot, and fast.[/QUOTE

I dont understand how you are. As I said there is NO hd period on these channels, they are another form of BET JAZZ, or viacom in their early days :). That could change in the futue but in their present form. I havent seen any HD on those channels.

As an HD only sub, I am missing out.

Plus, I would be rather surprised that IFC and AMC didn't have a fair amount of HD. Surely the former could improve a lot, and fast.

I dont understand how you are. As I said there is NO hd period on these channels, they are another form of BET JAZZ, or viacom in their early days :). That could change in the futue but in their present form. I havent seen any HD on those channels.

In other words, I don't get them because they are not HD. I would still like to watch some SD shoes (The Soup, for one), but don't as I opt to save money with HD only packs.

Aren't Mad Men and Breaking Bad in HD?

If true, it will be a banner week for me! Dish Network announced on their Twitter page yesterday that our HD Locals will be lit up today too. Woohoo!!! :)

Mav TV "Men for Men". ???

Kinda reminds me of a Arrested Development misunderstanding.

arrested_development_the_man_inside_me_poster-p228986530856575972trma_400.jpg

I for one have really been looking forward to Speed-HD for some time. Sure I know what to expect from the F1 races. I saw the "Fox Widescreen" broadcasts for the past few years. I know its not "true" HD, but it was sure a lot better than 480i 4:3 bit starved MPEG2 compressed SD I get today.

We know that F1 is not HD, but we know that its better on Speed-HD.

Mav TV "Men for Men". ???

Kinda reminds me of a Arrested Development misunderstanding.

arrested_development_the_man_inside_me_poster-p228986530856575972trma_400.jpg

I for one have really been looking forward to Speed-HD for some time. Sure I know what to expect from the F1 races. I saw the "Fox Widescreen" broadcasts for the past few years. I know its not "true" HD, but it was sure a lot better than 480i 4:3 bit starved MPEG2 compressed SD I get today.

We know that F1 is not HD, but we know that its better on Speed-HD.

Yep, it looks great, saw it at a friend's house on comcast.

Fashion TV would be great, I always liked the old one, would ostensibly watch it with the wife & daughters so they could "check out the new styles" ;) while I was checking out the models.:hungry:
AMC would be great, but I still want PBS for the travelogues and Masterpiece theater.

I've seen channell on my friends house as follows
9475 - FX
9468 - speed
361- MAV
373- logo
374 - Fashion

I am trying to decide what irate response to open with once I find out that my Turbo Gold package is even more worthless... Surprised and furious? Righteous indignation? We shall see...

Also, I am with HDRoberts about the Comcast channels, particularly E!, because even if they came on and don't have any HD, I would still actually be getting the channels. My girl friend would flip with joy if she could watch all of that E! stuff.

So to sum up, yes I will complain about BETJ being all sd, because it sucks and has nothing I would watch, while I would cheer on E! coming on and being all sd, because it has worthwhile programming in my household. Double standards for everyone!