Rumor NO MORE!, SpeedHD, FX HD & More THIS WEEK! (NOW LIVE)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
As an HD only sub, I am missing out.

Plus, I would be rather surprised that IFC and AMC didn't have a fair amount of HD. Surely the former could improve a lot, and fast.[/QUOTE

I dont understand how you are. As I said there is NO hd period on these channels, they are another form of BET JAZZ, or viacom in their early days :). That could change in the futue but in their present form. I havent seen any HD on those channels.

As an HD only sub, I am missing out.

Plus, I would be rather surprised that IFC and AMC didn't have a fair amount of HD. Surely the former could improve a lot, and fast.

I dont understand how you are. As I said there is NO hd period on these channels, they are another form of BET JAZZ, or viacom in their early days :). That could change in the futue but in their present form. I havent seen any HD on those channels.

In other words, I don't get them because they are not HD. I would still like to watch some SD shoes (The Soup, for one), but don't as I opt to save money with HD only packs.

Aren't Mad Men and Breaking Bad in HD?

If true, it will be a banner week for me! Dish Network announced on their Twitter page yesterday that our HD Locals will be lit up today too. Woohoo!!! :)

Mav TV "Men for Men". ???

Kinda reminds me of a Arrested Development misunderstanding.

arrested_development_the_man_inside_me_poster-p228986530856575972trma_400.jpg

I for one have really been looking forward to Speed-HD for some time. Sure I know what to expect from the F1 races. I saw the "Fox Widescreen" broadcasts for the past few years. I know its not "true" HD, but it was sure a lot better than 480i 4:3 bit starved MPEG2 compressed SD I get today.

We know that F1 is not HD, but we know that its better on Speed-HD.

Mav TV "Men for Men". ???

Kinda reminds me of a Arrested Development misunderstanding.

arrested_development_the_man_inside_me_poster-p228986530856575972trma_400.jpg

I for one have really been looking forward to Speed-HD for some time. Sure I know what to expect from the F1 races. I saw the "Fox Widescreen" broadcasts for the past few years. I know its not "true" HD, but it was sure a lot better than 480i 4:3 bit starved MPEG2 compressed SD I get today.

We know that F1 is not HD, but we know that its better on Speed-HD.

Yep, it looks great, saw it at a friend's house on comcast.

Fashion TV would be great, I always liked the old one, would ostensibly watch it with the wife & daughters so they could "check out the new styles" ;) while I was checking out the models.:hungry:
AMC would be great, but I still want PBS for the travelogues and Masterpiece theater.

I've seen channell on my friends house as follows
9475 - FX
9468 - speed
361- MAV
373- logo
374 - Fashion

I am trying to decide what irate response to open with once I find out that my Turbo Gold package is even more worthless... Surprised and furious? Righteous indignation? We shall see...

Also, I am with HDRoberts about the Comcast channels, particularly E!, because even if they came on and don't have any HD, I would still actually be getting the channels. My girl friend would flip with joy if she could watch all of that E! stuff.

So to sum up, yes I will complain about BETJ being all sd, because it sucks and has nothing I would watch, while I would cheer on E! coming on and being all sd, because it has worthwhile programming in my household. Double standards for everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)