Rumored price increase for 2/1/08

Wow. I have been with E* for a year. This will be the second price increase. They seem to be worse than cable! Sounds like it is time to seriously check out D*.

As has been posted, D* will have a price increase too. They generally cost a little more than E*. We'll see how that goes in the future. I sure wouldn't make any quick moves- wait until after CES and the D* new rates come out, so you don't discover you've jumped from the frying pan into the fire.

I hear a rumor that Fios will be available to me around the end of January. Unless they get a DVR equal to the ViP622, I won't even consider them for video.

"Truth is irrelevant when you have a good ad campaign."

I'm beginning to think this is the American credo.

On edit: Actually, if my bill goes up $2, that's less than the rate of inflation. I guess I can't complain too much about that.

Last edited:
So, I'm confused (normal state of mind for me)...

If the Top 250 is going up by $2, why would the Everything Pack go up by $5? Does this mean that the cost on the movie channels is going up as well, since that's really the only difference between AT250 and AEP?

aperry, that's the question that gets asked each time. Why does AEP go up disproportionally to the other packs.

E* just likes to screw their best customers who shell out the big bucks every month.

I sh*t you not, my parents pay between $150-200 a month to E*. But they will stick them with the biggest amount in the end.

If these rumors hold true, there would be no benefit by having AEP vs AT250 DVR Advantage plus all movie channels. Doing the AT250 option would give you the flexibility to drop a movie channel or two if you didn't want them any more, and save even more.

Under the new plan, AEP would cost $99.98 with locals.

Currently, AT250 DVR Advantage (which includes locals) plus all four movie channel packs would be $99.99 (which won't go up till 02/01/2009).

So, I guess actually you would save a penny... :)

If these rumors hold true, there would be no benefit by having AEP vs AT250 DVR Advantage plus all movie channels. Doing the AT250 option would give you the flexibility to drop a movie channel or two if you didn't want them any more, and save even more.

Under the new plan, AEP would cost $99.98 with locals.

Currently, AT250 DVR Advantage (which includes locals) plus all four movie channel packs would be $99.99 (which won't go up till 02/01/2009).

So, I guess actually you would save a penny... :)

For those of us with multiple DVRs, AEP does save us the $5.98 DVR fee on multiple boxes. In my case, it's a saving of $11.96.

if they rolled the Hd channels into 100/200/250 packs, I would GLADLY get the AEP pack. I just dont want to pay 99.99 plus 20 for HD, PLUS we have 2 dual tuners, and 3 single tuners on our account..wonder what my bill would look like.

At the rate they're increasing the price though, those savings may not last... :)

No kidding. I did my calculations and the savings for ME between AEP and DVR Advantage 250 with 2 Prem. channels is $8.02 and I lose two of the Prem. channels. For $8.02 more I get all the movie channels, so I'm still OK with AEP for now.

In the marketing game the term that you are feeling right now is called"cognitive dissonance" which is the feeling that you did not get the value of an object that you paid for. Example: you just bougt a car and paid 30,000 dollars. You drive off the lot and go down the road happy--- Until you pass another car dealer who has the same car on the lot and you only have to pay 20,000 dollars. And you say to yourself ahhh CRAP!!! That is congnitive dissonance!!!!!!!!

I would not mind a fair increase in the product cost IF I get something of fair value in return. I would like more HD channels of value before much longer which would reduce my congnitive dissonance. Trust me E* is well aware of the term and live on the edge of that all the time.

How much more can we charge before the custormer get mad and leaves us? How much more crap can we put in a package and still keep or grow the customer base? That is what it is all about:shh

Then the people with AT100 will complain that they're subsidizing the DishHD package and most likely they don't even have the HD package.

So, they could get it with only a modest lease down and monthly fee.

Helps Charlie get rid of MPEG2 receivers so he won't have to pay the $15-20 billion to replace them all.

Dish offers a price guarantee and that guarantee stated top 200 & top 250, which went up last year, will not have another price increase until Feb 2009. If they go back on that guarantee then basically you will not be able to believe anything that dish tells you anymore as they give a 2 year guarantee every year when they raise prices. ;)

Dish offers a price guarantee and that guarantee stated top 200 & top 250, which went up last year, will not have another price increase until Feb 2009. If they go back on that guarantee then basically you will not be able to believe anything that dish tells you anymore as they give a 2 year guarantee every year when they raise prices. ;)

You are right ,No only that, A price increase on this costumers you mentioned above can go a probably get their contracts voided .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)