Rumored price increase for 2/1/08

Who doesn't know what CES is?!?! It's only like the biggest electronics show in the world!

Although, I'd have to say CEDIA is better in my opinion.

Best thing to do is sign up for DVR advantage and take advantage of the price guarantee!
I just signed to for Dish advantage to save a few a dollar or two since I already had to sign up for the autopay and paperless because of the Cinemax deal (2 years for .02 cents). I never saw anything that stated a price guarantee.

Having been to both CEDIA and CES numerous times, I can say that CES blows CEDIA away.

CES is like Christmas day as you never know what surprises you will see shown for the first time anywhere right before your eyes.

CEDIA is nice because its not a circus like CES and you can talk more with the companies.

Depends on what you like to see focused on. I don't care to much to see more cellphones and Mp3 players as much as I like to see the latest in home automation and integration.

Wasn't Voom $5.00 to add to the $9.99 HD package before? If that's the case, they should drop the price in the HD package to $14.99 with Voom and $9.99 without Voom. The HD Package price then will match the HD package with Directv.

On a side note, I think Dish Network needs to restructure their pricing for programming and equipment fees, $5.98 per DVR is too much. Again, my opinion. :)

Yes Randall when the Voom channels were first added it was $5.00 to the already $9.99 Hd pack and i agree that Voom should be a add on package.

If the Voom package was an add on, I bet there would be a lot more people drop it now than before (now that there are more HD channels). However, my guess is that it will be Voom plus all non-SD companion HD channels in an add on package (similar to D*).

I just signed to for Dish advantage to save a few a dollar or two since I already had to sign up for the autopay and paperless because of the Cinemax deal (2 years for .02 cents). I never saw anything that stated a price guarantee.

You might not have seen it but it is there. You're locked til Feb '09.

Yes Randall when the Voom channels were first added it was $5.00 to the already $9.99 Hd pack and i agree that Voom should be a add on package.

Actually in May of 2005 we had 10 Voom channels added for $5.00 so the hd pack went to $14.99. Then we received 5 more Voom channels in 2006 and the hd pack went up to $20.00. The platinum hd customers in 2006 received a discount of 5.00 and still got all hd channels. THis year they eliminated the Platinum pack and everyone paid $20.00 no matter what for hd. So if they spun off the Voom channels we should see our bills drop in half.

Actually in May of 2005 we had 10 Voom channels added for $5.00 so the hd pack went to $14.99. Then we received 5 more Voom channels in 2006 and the hd pack went up to $20.00. The platinum hd customers in 2006 received a discount of 5.00 and still got all hd channels. THis year they eliminated the Platinum pack and everyone paid $20.00 no matter what for hd. So if they spun off the Voom channels we should see our bills drop in half.

Even better then. I just think that since not everyone is happy with the Voom channels, they should at least offer it as a separate package. I like Equator and Rave but that's about it for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)