Rumors from Team Summit

mdonnelly said:
"Not even in some rural areas. I live in a rural area and we are scheduled to have wireless Internet access by late fall."

Rural Oregon is orders of magnitude more advanced than rural Texas and Oklahoma.

I'll have to take your word on that. :) I spent a month in Locust Grove, OK. back in the early 80's (ex brother-in-law lived there), don't remember it being too primitive (mostly remember the humidity (Aug) and the bugs!), but that was over 20 years ago.

NightRyde

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am told the Hotel at the Team Summit is beautyful, but not as nice as the Gaylord Hotel which hosted last years Summit. Someone sent us a photo from the hotel.

More information as we have it. :D

Scott, that is a picture from the Gaylord Hotel.

Thats the OpryLand Hotel.

The Opyland Gaylord in Dallas was where we were last year and the insides dows not have the bar in the center like that (and had big TV screens)

If I had my laptop I would show you the Gaylord from last year.

mwgiii said:
Sorry Scott, I didn't know there was more than 1 Gaylord hotel.

Its ok... I didn't eaither, I thought the one in Dallas was the Gaylord and the one in nashville was the Opryland. :)

Both are run by the same company.

mdonnelly said:
"Not even in some rural areas. I live in a rural area and we are scheduled to have wireless Internet access by late fall."

Rural Oregon is orders of magnitude more advanced than rural Texas and Oklahoma.
I'm 5 miles from the City limits... Have had wireless for about a year... our provider's main antenna is on a hill.. there are folks 20 mile's out that are getting it... supposed to be 386k down , tested at around 360's.. love it... I too was looking at Sat internet till this came up...

What the deal with a sat at 129? I heard there was or will be a sat at 129, any info what it is/going to be for? What about these four and five lnb dishes? what/when are they all about about?

Jon

There will be a new dish coming out tat gets 110, 119 and 129. My guess is 129 is where we will see MPEG4 HD channels popup.

This is getting out of control. If you want locals you go with the 105, if you want internationals you go with the 121. Now we have to make a choice again and either choose locals at 105 or hd at 129. I'm getting tired of this. Oh and don't expect dish to offer a 4 or 5 lnb dish so that we can get locals and hd.

Wow, 126 members on this thread. It reminds me a couple of weeks ago when everyone was "standing-by" in some of the VOOM forum threads waiting for news. I guess all the excitement has shifted from VOOM to E* :D

Hmm New Dish? My guess would be that they are going to Offer the Voom HD channels maybe some diffrent ones along with them. Scott thanks for the updates and if you can found out if the current HD subscribers will half to get the new dish. Sounds like we will to get new HD Channels and in the future get diffrent receivers. On the internet side would be best for folks that live in town to stay with DSL or cable. Wireless is mainly for rual areas and is not as reliable as the other options you have. But again Internet all depends on where you live and for folks that live in rual areas you dont have a chose but to go Wireless or Satellite. Again thanks for the updates! :)

man you will have to have a lot of dishes. i hope they do come up with a simple solution. i wish the best for them and can't wait to hear what they say tomorrow.

danielle_s said:
This is getting out of control. If you want locals you go with the 105, if you want internationals you go with the 121. Now we have to make a choice again and either choose locals at 105 or hd at 129. I'm getting tired of this. Oh and don't expect dish to offer a 4 or 5 lnb dish so that we can get locals and hd.

129 would be a Ku-DBS slot, so it would not need a large dish like 105/121. They could easily make a superdish (and probably be able to upgrade existing superdishes with an LNB bar swap) that could do the 3 DBS (129/119/110) and either of the FSS 105/121. They could also make a dish that can do FSS 83 and the 3 DBS locations (for AMC-16).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts