Rutgers beats Louisville

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Rutgers 28
Louisville 25

I turned off the game after it was 22-7 in the first quarter thinking the game was already over. Boy was I wrong.

Just proves in my book that neither belong in BCS talk. I would rather see any of the top 10 with one loss versus whoever is #1 at the end. If everyone has at least one loss, which I am hoping for, I say the BCS should be canned; wait, I think that anyway. LOL!

I agree...none of the Big East teams should be in the BCS running, but a great game nonetheless. I predicted Louisville would WV, Rutgers would defeat WV, and that WV will handle Rutgers. I further agree the BCS should be "canned" and the conferences should return to playing traditional bowl games.

I further agree the BCS should be "canned" and the conferences should return to playing traditional bowl games.

A playoff system should be used to help determine the National Champs. This will never happen because of how much money the bowls bring into the shcools but I think that it would be the best solution.

One of the best games Ive seen. Amazing Rutgers running game and an incredible defense that shut down one of the top 2 offenses in College football in the 2nd half. They certainly will deserve a bowl game if they go undefeated and a higher starting ranking next year. That WVU game at the end of the year is going to be a great one.

Just proves in my book that neither belong in BCS talk.

So, an exciting, well-played game between 2 undefeated teams proves that neither belong in the national championship race how, exactly?

Oh, and nice offhand slight to say "BCS talk." Last year's WVU win over Georgia in Atlanta shut that down quickly. Ironically, if it weren't for the recent bowl tie-in rule added to the BCS, the ACC would almost certainly get their bid reviewed this year.

You can put your ACC/SEC pompoms down, please :)

Louisville was extremely overrated because there is NO WAY THAT defense can stop a team like Ohio State, Michigan, Florida or Auburn.

And you know this because..........

Nobody can say that one team will definitely beat another. You just can't. Unless they play the game.

Nobody can say that one team will definitely beat another. You just can't. Unless they play the game.

Because the Louisville defense had problems stopping teams ALL year....they just outscored everyone....and if they play a team that has a VERY good Defense AND Offense....they are done. And last night, it was proved right......99% of the time, you play a team that has good combination of offense and defense...they will beat you.

A playoff system should be used to help determine the National Champs. This will never happen because of how much money the bowls bring into the shcools but I think that it would be the best solution.

You think that a Playoff system will not generate MORE money than they are currently working with.
Take the top Bowl games and make a playoff and use the rest of the bowls as they currently are.

Jimbo

Size mainly, if they played in either league they would be run down by the end of the year.
They can play one or two games a year agaionst the big boys but can't handle a full season

Jimbo

You think that a Playoff system will not generate MORE money than they are currently working with.
Take the top Bowl games and make a playoff and use the rest of the bowls as they currently are.

Jimbo

No, I do not think that they would generate more money. The big bowls pay the teams to be part of their games. This is why the top bowls always get the big name teams. If they use them in a playoff system they would not need to pay as much to get those teams. And with the teams using profit sharing all the schools in those conferences will loose out. Also I don't know how the local economy for these bowls would handle the lose. Do you think that all the normal OSU fans would travel for three or four straight weeks around the country to see a playoff game. Most people would wait until th championship game before they would want to make travel plans.

Jag, you make a good point. BUT, do you really think these games wont sell out anyhow? Maybe they wont sell as many seats to the schools, but local support and other travelers would certainly cover that problem. As for the other bowls, why would you discontinue them. They certainly wouldn't be anymore irrelevant then they already are. Still a good booby prize for the also-rans.

Size mainly, if they played in either league they would be run down by the end of the year.
They can play one or two games a year agaionst the big boys but can't handle a full season

Jimbo

We could sit here and argue these points back and forth til were blue in the face, but until they have a playoff system the whole thing will be screwed up.

Congrats to the Big East for a great season so far, but none of those teams are ready for the top ten yet. Can you say OVERATED?

I disagree with your statement because I think BOTH teams are top ten....maybe not top 5...but definitely top ten 10. I think when it comes down to it....only the Ohio State, Michigan and Florida can REALLY give Louisville and Rutgers real problems and it's ONLY because of their defense.....because their offense is as good or better than some of the top 5.

Jag, you make a good point. BUT, do you really think these games wont sell out anyhow? Maybe they wont sell as many seats to the schools, but local support and other travelers would certainly cover that problem. As for the other bowls, why would you discontinue them. They certainly wouldn't be anymore irrelevant then they already are. Still a good booby prize for the also-rans.

Its not about the games selling out. I bet they all would be sell outs. It is about the extra revenue that is brought into the local markets by the teams fans. If I was a city and could have a sporting event sell out by locals or by out of state fans, I would choose the out of state fans. This brings in a lot more money to to community (hotels, restaurants and shopping).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)