S 238?

I got S238 on my Hopper the same night I unbridged by Hopper w/Sling and had both connected to the internet separately. Not sure if it is related or simply coincidence.
Unless doing those things changes the serial number on the Hopper, it was coincidence.

For those new to the process - posting your current version here does nothing to speed up the upgrade.

Actually I think it might slow things down by interfering with the broadband, so by posting here you slow it down.

Still on S234 here on mine. Odd, I got S230 (? - The one that enabled OTA) within 2 days of the hopper being installed.

Still on S234. This is getting ridiculous!!!! Things like this will be remembered when contract comes up.
Maybe Dish should put you on the first-receive list and let you deal with bugs, flaws, etc. Of course, "Things like this will be remembered when contract comes up", so Dish can't win either way ! :confused:

Hoppr 2 Error 770  03-04-13.jpg

Woke up to this on my Hopper with S238. Hopper one one S234 does not have this error.

Maybe Dish should put you on the first-receive list and let you deal with bugs, flaws, etc.
If there are bugs, he'll get them at some point anyway. He might as well get them sooner. Plus, if there are already enough bugs with the current SW revision that the user is aggravated, then it's certainly worth a shot at the new revision.

I'm still on 234 on both my Hoppers. My Hoppers are fully useable. Some minor glitches that I hope 238 will solve. But there are work arounds on the current software. When I get it, I get it. The only problem that I really hope it fixes is the pixilation when playing back from the buffer.

Got 238 on both Hoppers last night, that's good. What I would like to know is, what are the changes with the new soft ware. I have noticed a few changes (red and blue button description when changing channel, DVR button behavior) but what else has been corrected/improved? Why can't we find out about those?

Also, I have read on these forums that if you do certain things on the remote control (hit one button once then another button several times) you can get to different screens. Shortcuts, if you like. Is there somewhere that you can find out how to do those? Or, are they not for us to know about (we only use the equipment), only Dish installers or CSR's?

Thanks for listening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)