S234 12-13-12

I am now having a problem with 234. When watching OTA everything is fine until I press the INFO button. Then the picture starts to break up and the sound stutters. I tried a reboot but that made no difference.

I see that when I go to Info on an OTA channel. A little bit of picture break-up and sound stutters. When I exit out, all is normal again....

Hopper gives blank black screen after nightly updates. Will not boot back up with dish logo.
You have to turn off and then back on. Does this on only one of my hoppers(with S234).

New CC options screw up my macros! :(

I realize this is a first world problem, but in the prior firmware, the remote keystrokes to turn CC on and off were the same, so I recorded one macro set for my Harmony remote, labeled it "CC Toggle", and was good to go. Now there are more CC options in the interface, which is good, but the buttons are positioned in such a way that you need a unique series of key presses to turn it on and off. I don't expect the engieers to rush to fix this problem, but the next time you guys are mucking around the interface anyway, could you please fix this? Pretty please?

WOO HOO they finally added the ability to set the time when the receiver reboots for updates.......

OH WAIT, NO THEY DIDN'T ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :) ARGH

Whenever you turn to a big 4 network it pulls in all 4 on one tuner, it isn't recording. The big benefit is that if someone at the Hopper wants to watch ABC and someone at the Joey wants to watch NBC, it only takes up one tuner. Once you change channels to a non big 4 network, that tuner will go back to normal on the TV Viewing Status screen. It's pretty neat and a good way to save tuners when viewing a big 4.
Ohhhhhh, THAT"S what I've been seeing for the past two mornings! I though it was a glitch and intended to reset the Hopper before I left this morning and forgot. I didn't even know I was on 234 until I read this post! LOL

New CC options screw up my macros! :(

I realize this is a first world problem, but in the prior firmware, the remote keystrokes to turn CC on and off were the same, so I recorded one macro set for my Harmony remote, labeled it "CC Toggle", and was good to go. Now there are more CC options in the interface, which is good, but the buttons are positioned in such a way that you need a unique series of key presses to turn it on and off. I don't expect the engieers to rush to fix this problem, but the next time you guys are mucking around the interface anyway, could you please fix this? Pretty please?
Another example of "change for the sake of change". They could have added additional options without changing the basic arrangement of the buttons. But, they did it anyway.

What exactly are the new options, btw? It almost looks like they changed the layout, without adding any new functionality. But, I'm probably just not seeing what it is.

I wish they would impliment simple single-button CC toggle, already. I realize that coming out with a new remote is prohibitively expensive. But, they can assign a button on the current remote to the function, like # or a color. Are green and yellow used for anything currently when in viewing mode?

Another example of "change for the sake of change". They could have added additional options without changing the basic arrangement of the buttons. But, they did it anyway.

What exactly are the new options, btw? It almost looks like they changed the layout, without adding any new functionality. But, I'm probably just not seeing what it is.

I wish they would impliment simple single-button CC toggle, already. I realize that coming out with a new remote is prohibitively expensive. But, they can assign a button on the current remote to the function, like # or a color. Are green and yellow used for anything currently when in viewing mode?

Green isn't currently used for anything. Yellow is used for settings.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Not sure if this is a new problem or even a problem at all) as I usually work off of the Hopper but on my daughter's Joey she can only delete programs from the Hopper she is linked to (even though she can "see" the other Hopper. I know the Hoppers can see and delete from each other but I'm not sure if this is a limitation on the Joeys (she just got home from school which is why I'm not sure if this has existed for a while).

Does anyone know?

Not sure if this is a new problem or even a problem at all) as I usually work off of the Hopper but on my daughter's Joey she can only delete programs from the Hopper she is linked to (even though she can "see" the other Hopper. I know the Hoppers can see and delete from each other but I'm not sure if this is a limitation on the Joeys (she just got home from school which is why I'm not sure if this has existed for a while)

Does anyone know?

My system works the same way. I think it's currently normal operation.

The new CC system absolutely sucks on my Hoppers. It works for a few minutes after a reset and then stops completely. I used to be able to restore it by using the 10 sec back button if it stopped, but that no longer works.

Green isn't currently used for anything. Yellow is used for settings.
In that case, it seems like GREEN would make an excellent CC Toggle.

The new CC system absolutely sucks on my Hoppers. It works for a few minutes after a reset and then stops completely. I used to be able to restore it by using the 10 sec back button if it stopped, but that no longer works.
It sucked before, as CC often wouldn't work after coming out of pause or other trick play, requiring a skip back or pause, as you point out. If it doesn't come back at all, that would only suck more. But, to be fair, I haven't noticed any degradation in that area. Of course, I haven't noticed any improvement, either. And, changing the CC settings page rendered my CC macro useless, as it did for cac303.

Not sure if this is a new problem or even a problem at all) as I usually work off of the Hopper but on my daughter's Joey she can only delete programs from the Hopper she is linked to (even though she can "see" the other Hopper. I know the Hoppers can see and delete from each other but I'm not sure if this is a limitation on the Joeys (she just got home from school which is why I'm not sure if this has existed for a while).

Does anyone know?

It hasn't always been that way. I'm still on S230 and can delete programs from the Joey on either hopper.

S282 on Joey 12/13 - learned remote commands not working any more! Since The update, the learned commands (volume up/down, mute) don't work any more. They used to work just fine. I tried to re-program the remote. The re-programming sequence seemed to go OK, but the remote won't control the TV. I wonder if a small bug cropped into the release? Not sure how many people use this feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts