S234 12-13-12

S282 on Joey 12/13 - learned remote commands not working any more! Since The update, the learned commands (volume up/down, mute) don't work any more. They used to work just fine. I tried to re-program the remote. The re-programming sequence seemed to go OK, but the remote won't control the TV. I wonder if a small bug cropped into the release? Not sure how many people use this feature.

Tried checking YELLOW - 6 - Volume?

Anyone come out of the s234 update with the bridging/Internet connection between Hoppers broke? One Hopper 1 is connected to the web via Cat5e and has Bridging enabled. Hopper 2 just has Bridging enabled and is only connected via the coax. #2 can see #1 content. #1 cannot see #2. #1 has an EHD, which only #1 sees. Neither one says Broadband connected and cannot DL PPVs.

Everything worked fine before the update.

Maybe a system reboot will help, but that's not an option right now with the Ms watching housewife stuff in the other room....

One of my hoppers got s234 a couple of days ago and the other is still on S230. The hopper that got the S234 update will not let me backup the timers on the two remotes I use with that receiver, instead a box pops up and says the batteries are low on both remotes and will not backup the remotes. I put new batteries in both remote and retry the backup just to get the same pop up box that says the batteries need to be replaced to backup the remotes. I've never had this problem before this update of S234 and the hopper that's still on S230 allows me to backup both of the remotes I use with that receiver. I assume this is a bug in the new software and maybe someone else could verify or let me know mine is an isolated incident.

Still running s230 here. Starting to sound like I need to put in a request to skip s234 all together.
Please God save my machine from the horrors of the Dish techs latest "fixes". Lol

This may be a Christmas miracle!. After complaining about the loss of CC in an earlier post,and PM'ing a DIRT member (who never responded), I called DISH last night to register the complaint. The lady came back a few minutes later and said that a Hopper fix was coming out at 10:00 PM which would correct the problem. At 1:30 this morning I got the nightly "shut down and check for upgrades" message which I allowed. It went thru a 13+ minute system check and, after restarting, CC started working and is still going strong. I even got bold enough to change some defaults and it still works.

Mine is still at 230 but for some reason it seem to take the upgrades later it says it downloaded 230 4:44am.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Slow response

Yeah. I really notice this with S234. I select the channel. the banner comes up immediately for the new channel, but the screen remains black for approx 3 seconds before content appears.
I have had this since getting my Hopper in July. Sometimes it takes as long as 5 seconds for the picture and sound to come on. Usually about 3 seconds. I thought it was normal. It is even worse on the Joey.

Last edited:
Anyone come out of the s234 update with the bridging/Internet connection between Hoppers broke? One Hopper 1 is connected to the web via Cat5e and has Bridging enabled. Hopper 2 just has Bridging enabled and is only connected via the coax. #2 can see #1 content. #1 cannot see #2. #1 has an EHD, which only #1 sees. Neither one says Broadband connected and cannot DL PPVs.

Everything worked fine before the update.

Shouldn't bridging be disabled on the non connected Hopper?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)