S244 is out

Well, after 3 days one of my Joeys is dropping local channels from favs lists again, specifically channel 57, CW, in the Philly area. It now won't hold 57 even if I add/drop 2 at a time.

C'mon Dish!!!!! I and others have been reporting this problem for over a year now.

We noticed a new change that is unfortunate. If you go into the Timer Schedule for a specific timer and then press Cancel, it goes to Live TV instead of going back to the list of timers like it used to. It seems like the only way to get back to the list of timers now is to press the red button and then go down to Timers in the drop down list. So, what once took 1 button press now takes 4. Great. :mad:

This seems a general problem in the programming. That is when you finish with an item it does not take you to list and item (or next) that you are working on. Working with the EHD it get particularly annoying. It drops you into the internal DVR list. Then you must find you way back. For selecting that is possibly DVR, red, right once or twice, into the uncolored button, down to External 1 or 2, into to get the list, find the tile again, click, pick the recording if more than one, and go. For saving to the EHD about the same number of steps. If you wish to watch a series it means a lot of extra steps.
-Ken

Since S244, I'm getting audio dropouts on PTAT recordings.

Update: I'm getting these dropouts on cable channels as well. With recorded content, they are recorded and occur at the same place each time you watch. They began immediately after S244 was installed. The connection to my AVR is HDMI and the Hopper decoder is set to "Dolby/PCM". So far, I have not noticed any of these while watching "live", but I don't watch much live content. The previous 11 months were dropout free with the Hopper.

The problem with that momentary disruption is that if you're watching a DVR event you're kicked out and back to your last tuned channel.

Very distracting / aggravating / frustrating.

I hope a patch is forthcoming soon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

Another S244/S308/S292 irritation... When you skip events in the Daily Schedule via the Joey the changes do not reflect on the Joey until you turn the Joey off and back on again... C'mon Dish... Can you please quit breaking things as you're fixing other things?

This seems a general problem in the programming. That is when you finish with an item it does not take you to list and item (or next) that you are working on. Working with the EHD it get particularly annoying. It drops you into the internal DVR list. Then you must find you way back. For selecting that is possibly DVR, red, right once or twice, into the uncolored button, down to External 1 or 2, into to get the list, find the tile again, click, pick the recording if more than one, and go. For saving to the EHD about the same number of steps. If you wish to watch a series it means a lot of extra steps.
-Ken

Agreed, I swear that when watching a program on the 622 or 722 and you finished and deleted it, the cursor would go back to that same show/folder. I've never really seen anyone comment on the Hopper being any different than the 622/722 in that regard, but my memory says it is?

3HaloODST said:
Another S244/S308/S292 irritation... When you skip events in the Daily Schedule via the Joey the changes do not reflect on the Joey until you turn the Joey off and back on again... C'mon Dish... Can you please quit breaking things as you're fixing other things?

I noticed this as well, but when I went in a few minutes later to try again they had disappeared, so definitely some sort of refresh issue.

Agreed, I swear that when watching a program on the 622 or 722 and you finished and deleted it, the cursor would go back to that same show/folder. I've never really seen anyone comment on the Hopper being any different than the 622/722 in that regard, but my memory says it is?
Here is how it is on the 722: If you are in the DVR list and select a title, and then immediately select delete, you will return back to the same point in the list that the title was in. If you are watching a title, stop it, and then select delete, you will end up at the top of the DVR list.

EDIT: Forgot to highlight key words. ;)

Last edited:
Got my S244 update last night.
I love not having the Thumbnail greyed out in the DVR folder for the event the cursor is over. Finally some common sense prevails.
Now if they will just add OTA single channel select.
Also after the update, my favorites list did not change back to all channels. I'm sure that won't last, but I was amazed it stayed even after the reboot of the update.

Also after the update, my favorites list did not change back to all channels. I'm sure that won't last, but I was amazed it stayed even after the reboot of the update.
MIne stayed for a couple of days, as well. But, now it's back to its old behavior of defaulting back to My Channels. (not All Channels.)

Got my S244 update last night.
I love not having the Thumbnail greyed out in the DVR folder for the event the cursor is over. Finally some common sense prevails.
Got the update overnight as well and the change you refer to much better ! I really don't care how many unwatched episodes are in the folder, besides the fact that it was faded -- and with a giant ">" icon -- and difficult to read.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts