S244 is out

MIne stayed for a couple of days, as well. But, now it's back to its old behavior of defaulting back to My Channels. (not All Channels.)
I don't know. I have a custom list, Movies, and every time I go to the guide, it is on Movies and that has been through two updates.

Last few days, Faves has been staying on in the guide. Got 244 last night. Was afraid it would mess it up, but didn't.

Hopper 2000 S244 with EHD does not keep the position

Hopper 2000 S244 with EHD does not keep the position of recent use after reconnect or reboot.
It does not even keep whether the recording is accessed.
It still has some usage positions but there are (mostly) for transferred 722 recordings.
I thought it was working fine until recently--it could have changed on S238. It did work.

-Ken

Dish needs another update to fix things this one screwed up....odd scheduling glitches in recordings menu, unlinked icon showings of linked Joeys, and caller ID click off failure......and I suppose there's others. I did a hard reboot, appears these issues are in the new SW. :coffee

Dish needs another update to fix things this one screwed up....odd scheduling glitches in recordings menu, unlinked icon showings of linked Joeys, and caller ID click off failure......and I suppose there's others. I did a hard reboot, appears these issues are in the new SW. :coffee

Please elaborate.

Please elaborate.
thought I did....ok, in the search schedule I have seen multiple recordings displayed for the same program and in the recording schedule I have seen the same thing.
In the menu, in the network, in the Whole Home the linked Joeys are shown as unlinked, yet when I use the Joeys they are linked.
When the phone rings the CID number and name appear on the screen, can't remove it manually anymore.....the arrow and click does nothing. And I'm sure I have forgotten something......:coffee Oh yea audio issues, when watching a program from another Hopper sometimes I have to restart the program to get audio. All this stuff seems to have started for me after the latest update.

Last edited:
I think dish needed to wait awhile to release the hopper. They should've worked out a lot of these bugs. While no system can be perfect for everyone, they could have did beta testing on the hopper system before releasing it. The hoppers channel changing speed for example. When it first came out they said how quick the channel changing speed was but then as updates came out it got slower and slower. It's ok now but no where near as fast as it once was.

I think dish needed to wait awhile to release the hopper. They should've worked out a lot of these bugs. While no system can be perfect for everyone, they could have did beta testing on the hopper system before releasing it.
I worked for a mainframe software company. All software went through extension Beta testing before rolling out to the users. What we found that there will be bugs that are applicable to a very small percentage of the base and, as the laws of nature, the people who will uncover their bugs are never Beta testers.

So the supposition that waiting and Beta testing longer will uncover all the bugs is just fantasy. User bugs will not occur until the roll-out.

While there seems to be a lot of bugs with every release, there also seems to a consistent group with problems. Hence the "still haven't fixed' statements. But the balance is not shown. How many Hopper owners have no problems? That isn't indicated in the Forum.

I think dish needed to wait awhile to release the hopper. They should've worked out a lot of these bugs. While no system can be perfect for everyone, they could have did beta testing on the hopper system before releasing it. The hoppers channel changing speed for example. When it first came out they said how quick the channel changing speed was but then as updates came out it got slower and slower. It's ok now but no where near as fast as it once was.

They did beta test. It was called the 922... Dish customers are all beta testers.....

I've had the Hopper for over a year. Have I had some issues with it, yes. Have I had big issues with it, no. It does what I have wanted it to do. I'm glad I've had my Hopper for over a year.

We're seeing another issue with trying to set a timer to end late, the option now seems to be greyed out on some timers, not sure why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)