S418 software for the Original Hopper

Overall, I like the new changes and only see one problem for me. I like the new display when doing a search, but now there is no way to easily see "New" episodes unless you scroll through and look st every episode. No more little "New" icon...
!

On the HWS, I still have the New icon on a recording if there are multiple episodes of the show on the dvr.

Overall, I like the new changes and only see one problem for me. I like the new display when doing a search, but now there is no way to easily see "New" episodes unless you scroll through and look st every episode. No more little "New" icon...

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Maybe Dish will fix the "New" icon. I read HWS retained it.....? it's a little awkward without it.:popcorn

Do not like the new search

Normally I like having lot's more otions and filters to search, but the new search results do not provide any details accept the name

I like to search "college football" on saturday morning. I would get a search result that listed all the games and as I stepped thru the list I could see whether it was HD, New, Time and who was playing. The New search provides icons that say college football with no details at all. Each icon has to be selected and then show program details to get info. Don't like it.

Normally I like having lot's more otions and filters to search, but the new search results do not provide any details accept the name

I like to search "college football" on saturday morning. I would get a search result that listed all the games and as I stepped thru the list I could see whether it was HD, New, Time and who was playing. The New search provides icons that say college football with no details at all. Each icon has to be selected and then show program details to get info. Don't like it.
+ 1

I don't care much for the appearance changes - they've basically just made all of the tiles on all of the screens smaller :-(.

One functional change that really burns my ass is that they removed the little green "amount watched" bar on the icons of all of the programs on the dvr. Now you have to arrow to each icon and open it up in order to see whether or not the program has been watched - seriously annoying for people like me who have to go into the dvr and "clean up" behind my wife to delete all of the crappy newsmagazine shows that she has watched! LOL
Another missing element is the episode number. Now you have to get info on each tile just to find out the episode number.

It would be nice to see a comment from DIRT with a simple, "thanks for the comments and feedback people - keep them coming". Thing is with UI changes, companies usually do a lot of research or testing for feedback and you'd hope things like these were noted by testers.

Since they pushed it, obviously that would seem to be the case. Did the testers completely miss these things ? Did they catch them and Dish ignored them ?

I'm thinking they want you to use the "Game Finder" app that show all the games without searching

Broke it how?

Every time I connect, I see video for a split second and then the website claims I do not have adequate bandwidth. I have plenty of bandwidth.

I then switch to my other hopper on the same network but with 401 SW and it works just fine.

A new feature I just noticed is that the skip now shows 30 sec fwd and 10 secs back instead of just the arrows.
Our receiver got updated yesterday and this isn't as intrusive (or noticeable) as I thought it might be. Previously, it showed a "->" or "<-" (curly) with no text, didn't it ?

When I look at the Daily Schedule, the first entry shown is always the second scheduled recording, whether it's in the same day or next. You actually have to scroll up to be able to see the first (next) scheduled recording.

When I look at the Daily Schedule, the first entry shown is always the second scheduled recording, whether it's in the same day or next. You actually have to scroll up to be able to see the first (next) scheduled recording.
That's not new in S418, is it ? I think I've noticed this behavior for as long as I've had a Hopper, or at least for quite some time. It is annoying, but I don't look at the daily schedule that often... In fact, about the only time is to see why something didn't record.

That's not new in S418, is it ? I think I've noticed this behavior for as long as I've had a Hopper, or at least for quite some time. It is annoying, but I don't look at the daily schedule that often... In fact, about the only time is to see why something didn't record.

It's the first time I noticed it. I didn't see that behavior on prior releases....

Its new annoying bug that appeared in S418.