S418 software for the Original Hopper

Since the update to S418, my DVR screen has a new problem. When finishing a recording, and deleting it, it returns to the DVR screen as normal. The problem occurs when you want to watch the next show, by date, (no folder view) and scroll down the page. It will never reach the end of the list. The programs keep showing up over and over and you never reach the bottom of the page or the deleted programs icon. Tried a power cord reboot, but the problem still exists. The only work around is to exit and re-enter the DVR screen, which then displays normally.

Since the update to S418, my DVR screen has a new problem. When finishing a recording, and deleting it, it returns to the DVR screen as normal. The problem occurs...

I've seen something like this on rare occasions on my Hopper w/Sling for a long time now. But not on our other regular Hopper like you see. I don't recall ever seeing it after viewing a recording. Normally this repeating icon list would happen after I was trying to move something to a different folder, deleting a recording from the list. I also think it would delete rows of icons as you move up/down. That scared the heck out of me at first. But it happens so infrequently that I don't worry about it as it's just another annoying bug. Like you, canceling out of the DVR screen and going back in makes the problem go away and I don't lose any recordings.

Apologizes if this has been covered. We watched a VOD this evening, the ordering was a little different. I inputed the id and the PPV cert.# and then got a screen with two blank buttons at the bottom and a close at the top, after a minute of waiting for something to happen I closed out. It turned out the movie was in the rental folder in the DVR menu. No big deal just a little confusing for me, first time out using PPV certs. for VOD.
After the movie I exited and was greeted with double header menus, and I was not in PIP. DVR was the similar, double page as was guide...weird....., must be some kind of a bug. Red button reboot fixed it. Anyone else?

Are you no longer able to go to blockbuster @ home and search by tv channel???

I've seen quite a few shows now where you use to be able to download them but now nothing. ..anyone else see this or am I doing it wrong? ??

Are you no longer able to go to blockbuster @ home and search by tv channel???

I've seen quite a few shows now where you use to be able to download them but now nothing. ..anyone else see this or am I doing it wrong? ??

We have several PPV cert. some are expiring, waste not want not.

Are you no longer able to go to blockbuster @ home and search by tv channel??? I've seen quite a few shows now where you use to be able to download them but now nothing. ..anyone else see this or am I doing it wrong? ??

Still there. Hit the On Demand button or select in the menu the arrow down to browse by channel.

A new feature I just noticed is that the skip now shows 30 sec fwd and 10 secs back instead of just the arrows.
I hated it when it just showed the arrows. Now I hate it even more. I use these buttons a lot and this feature (in both the old and the new forms) drives me nuts. I also worry that the text is going to eventually lead to some image retention on my plasma TV. The text is bright white and of course always in the same place. This feature should be optional. I hope Dish gives us a way to disable this feature completely in the next update.

audio dropouts

In general I like the new update just fine. But besides the problem with the skip forward and skip backward feature I complained about in my previous post, I have another complaint. Not only did this update not cure the audio dropouts on local channels, it actually seems to have made the problem worse---a lot worse. Before this update I only had dropouts occasionally. Now I get them typically once every 10 to 15 seconds. Local channels are nearly unwatchable now.

After seeing the new update since the first time it was avaliable. ..I can say I dont like not have the S for my saved programs

Not sure why that was taken away

with the new update im having trouble when searching for a NEw episode I don't like reading the dates like for cops there are 40 episodes wich dates back to like 2001. I like to see the N tEW block in top left corner. I don't want to use my timers for everything.

Restored it ? Is there an S418+ version being pushed ?

No, AFAIK they can do small feature changes during the nightly reset period. I just noticed yesterday that the info screen for a recording now has a blue S if it has been saved. I don't think that was there last month when I first got the update. My Hoppers also say that the Joey software is S357 S450 but 357 is current. Maybe they're getting ready for another Hopper update and the Joeys will go to S450 with it?

No, AFAIK they can do small feature changes during the nightly reset period.
That's news to me. Anyone else heard this ? This is a software change and not changing the s/w version is not very likely on Dish's part. Can you look in the diagnostics menu for previous s/w # and date ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts