S9 software

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shankle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
florida
Thanks for any help. I bought my S9 Openbox in 2010 and it still has the original software. Last night I mistakenly hit the V-format button and had a devil of a time getting back a signal. Is there new software for it and where would I get it? Is the new software worth the trouble and will it solve the V-format problem?

I also have old firmware, possibly the original, on both of my S9s. I don't remember the V-format issue ever being addressed by newer firmware.

I superglued the V-Format buttons on my remotes, others had other ways to "fix" that deal but I can't remember what they did.

None of the newer firmware disabled the V-Format button but newer firmware did correct:
Stuttering video and audio-video sync problems on some channels. Recordings now are in a standard format playable on a computer (without conversion). A recording timer that works(although the time needs resetting every few days). And a few others that I can't think of at the moment, but think the most visible improvement is, The Green tint (video) is gone.

Thanks guys, Next line is not working on my HP Pavilion 64-bit on this site. Guess I'll try the super glue route. Being an electronics novice, it's probably the safest way to go. I have no green tint so I'll stay with my present software

I had an RCA tv remote with a reset button that was right where you'd always hit it by accident and put everything back to factory settings,pain in the ass.Took a razor blade and shaved it off flush with the face of the remote,no more accidents.

I had an RCA tv remote with a reset button that was right where you'd always hit it by accident and put everything back to factory settings,pain in the ass.Took a razor blade and shaved it off flush with the face of the remote,no more accidents.

Done that before.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)