Sad at the recycling center

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
A few days ago I took my tin cans out to the local recycling center and to pick up some pipe for a couple of Ku dishes. I found my pipe(great condition)and saw something very sad in one of the bins there. I walked over and took a look. Sure enough there was a 10ft Winegard Pinnacle Perforated in the bin!:eek:
It was taken apart and looked like it would have been in great condition before it was trashed. So sad.:( I was thinking about maybe pulling out a couple of sections for spare parts for mine, but it was jammed in so hard, I could not get any of it out. Oh well, someone got a couple of bucks for it.....
SAD
RT

That is sad.

I wouldn't mind picking one up (though my wife would kill me), and you aren't that far away from me. I went to Grand Haven for a Prodelin 1.2m dish. I check Craigslist every day, and it's rare to even see anything in there for 200 miles out for a BUD.

The big take down occurred around here when the Motorola 4DTV service ended a few years ago. Other than mine, all the local C band dishes vanished about that same time.

Personal confession:
In 2009, I had to dispose of many personal possessions I could not transport across country, so I took two 10' mesh dishes to the dump and trashed them. They were in "perfect" condition. I abandoned them and I didn't look back. My name is cyberham and I'm an AA (Antenna Addict).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)